Rear Shock Absorbers What's The Best Brand To Get

IDI AMIN

I am planning on getting rear shock absorbers one is leaking what brand would you say is the best of the ones i mentioned .I went to euro car parts for bilsteins not the sporty dear yellow ones but the black ones .When there they said they don't have them and sold me sachs i think these are alright but would bilstein not be the best brand to get. to cut a kinda long story short i had to order them myself through their website but don't think i'm going to get them.
my next choice would be monroes heard they are quite good a couple of mechanics mentioned them.

Monroes bilstein Sachs what would you go for?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have bilstein b4's on the rear apart from the cover being a bit soft there good :) not a bad price either got them off the bay
WP_000803.jpg

IDI AMIN

Thats the ones im trying to get i seen them on ebay as well 77 quid .Euros should have them for 68 they had a discount going there but its finished. the sachs i bought last week for 55 quid are now 42.60 each. but the bilsteins are same price. But if i dont get the bilsteins which is what my instincts are telling me i think i will go for Monroes 65 quid off ebay

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i never used any of the other brands i just went straight for the bilsteins will be getting the b4's for the front eventually

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
eruo parts sucks balls they cant even match a pair of ARB links for a pajero
i have alway heard that the eibach and bilstein combo works well on the astra

IDI AMIN

They look nice springs a good solid combo
Euros can be ok sometimes but they do have their share of useless twats . one time went for a cam cover gasket off them got to the garage wasn't until i stripped down to change gasket realised it was the totally wrong one the c**t gave me what looked like a gasket for a rover metro half the size .I was like you f**king c**t . I was planning a long drive to do with work about 100 miles .oil was leaking at cam cover thats why i got a new one .So i never had the chance to get it changed after 5 and was going away the next day. I was cussing the guy that sold me it.But i had to use the same gasket again and used rtv sealant as welll and that seemed to cure the prob. So i took the gasket back when i was back home and saved a few quid in the end up

guy 27

Bilstein are the way to go without a doubt. B4s are OEM replacement. If you want more performance oriented then b6 or b8s are the way to go. The b8s are recommended for lowered suspension.
I've been running eibach sportlines with b8s and am very happy with how they preform. Check out b12 kits instead of buying components separately.

IDI AMIN

As suspected these useless twats at euros cannot get the bilsteins due to "high demand" took them 9 days to tell me. Need to check on ebay if i can get them either that or monroe shocks. b8 are nice solid looking but a little pricey. maybe upgrade the car for something newer in a couple of years so dont want to go daft with spending.
But good to get the feedback anyway

Matt

Administrator
As suspected these useless twats at euros cannot get the bilsteins due to "high demand" took them 9 days to tell me. Need to check on ebay if i can get them either that or monroe shocks. b8 are nice solid looking but a little pricey. maybe upgrade the car for something newer in a couple of years so dont want to go daft with spending.
But good to get the feedback anyway
How much are they supposed to be from eurocarparts?

Courtenaysport have them listed on their site still

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/suspension-kits/info_50.html