Rear Knocking

Sjdickso

Staff
I have had this issue for a while and its starting to do my head in a bit. I have a dull knocking noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car.

You can only hear it at low speeds over uneven roads, at low speeds over bigger bumps or speed bumps you don't get it.

I do have a RARB, this is all tight. I have just had the front droplinks changed just in case the noise was coming from the front. All the front has poly bushes and nothing is loose on the exhaust.

The rear shocks are about 2 years old and the springs seem fine no cracks or snapped. I tried to remove the parcel shelf and adjust the boot with the rubber adjusters to no avail.

If I get in the car with the with the boot open and push down hard and fast I hear a clunk but can not pin point its location. all interior seems solid.

Now I have heard the shock bush can wear and cause a low knock even though the Bilstein shocks are only 2 years old also could rubber buffer cause this last time I looked they did look rather tatty?

Sjdickso

Staff
Well I had new tyres and a flexi fitted yesterday and they could not find anything loose either, after lots of research the only thing points to the rear B4 dampers other Astra owners have found knocking sounds from these, I have now ordered a set of Sach rear dampers to see this rectifies the issue as its driving me crazy.

I hope this is the issue, also the suspensions moans and creaks if I go over speed bumps at the rear so maybe time for new shocks anyway.