radio wont accept code

jazz

Change the battery over today was not bothered about the radio as having the code on the car pass, so while waiting outside her indoor,s work place, thought I would enter the code in the right procedure,,,comes up got 10 goes, enters the 4 digit code pressed the a/s or the ap button cant remember just now but was the right button, held it in till it beeped ,nothing ,down to 9 goes, goes through it all again pressed the button , beeped ,nothin,now down to 8 goes, so this is where I stopped Now could the radio have a different code I.E a radio from another car and can I access opcom to retrieve the radio,s code from that to see if they match

the car is a vectra sri 2.2 2004

Cheers...

John

KevinH

The usual method is as follows:

1. Turn the ignition on (no need to start car).
2. Ensure radio is off, then while depressing the A/S button switch the radio on. It should beep and go into security mode and display four dashes on the MFD.
3. Using the radio preset buttons numbered 1,2,3 & 4 enter your four digit radio code (ensure this is the radio code and not the security code which is used for programming via Tech2 and OpCom).
e.g. if your radio code is 2503, press preset button no 1 three times, then button no 2.six times, button no 3 once and button no 4 four times (the code will also display on the MFD)
4. Then depress the A/S button again, it should beep and the radio decoded.

:)

jazz

The usual method is as follows:

1. Turn the ignition on (no need to start car).
2. Ensure radio is off, then while depressing the A/S button switch the radio on. It should beep and go into security mode and display four dashes on the MFD.
3. Using the radio preset buttons numbered 1,2,3 & 4 enter your four digit radio code (ensure this is the radio code and not the security code which is used for programming via Tech2 and OpCom).
e.g. if your radio code is 2503, press preset button no 1 three times, then button no 2.six times, button no 3 once and button no 4 four times (the code will also display on the MFD)
4. Then depress the A/S button again, it should beep and the radio decoded.

:)
Yep did all that Kevin, the only difference was that I had the key in the number 1 position so there was live to the radio, has it got to be number 2 with all dash lights on.....no engine on

Thanks

John

jazz

cheers Kevin, Its a cdr 2005 , but there is a larger info display where as what I have seen on this model had the smaller info screen messages thats what got me thinking it was a differant radio becuse the buttons on the stork wont let me scroll through the menu,s ...the buttons on the steering wheel let me change stations and volume and thats it, also it wont let me clear any messages ie fog light bulb out....christ look at me waffling on, but this wont stop the code being entered should it.....

John

jazz

efin hell, only had the car 4 months and have only just found out how to clear any fault messages on it, did not no there was a switch behind the wiper stalk that displays what you want after selecting from the menu,,dumb arse me...
Anyway Kevin after a bit of internet searching it says the ignition must be on so,,, went out ignition on, radio off, a/s button in, press radio on, after a couple of seconds shows 8_ _ _ _ enters the code, hold and press the a/s button till it beeps... nothin again, now down to 7 goes , now I believe I have to wait a certain time now to attempt again....doin my swede in this,lol

John

KevinH

Forgot to mention that after an incorrect attempt you have to wait 10 mins then after a second incorrect it doubles to 20 mins etc...
It appears that the code used isn't the original one on the Vauxhall carpass.

Unfortunately it looks like the unit will have to be reset which I believe can be done with Tech2 (or MDI)) but I don't know if OpCom can do this so it may mean a trip to the Vx dealers.

jazz

Well a little update on this saga, was convinced the radio I had in was a replacement, eventually got the radio out, read the serial number off the side ....paid 25 quid to get a radio code sent to me and low and behold its the same efin number as on my car pass...gutted..so went out again, waited till the screen came up with 7---- ,enters my code presses a/s button..bleeps ,now got 6 goes left ...just wont accept the code,,,,any idea,s before I get the lump hammer out...

John

jazz

Right from what i,ve read on the internet some say press and hold the a/s button as well as the power button on the radio until you hear a beep mine does not and now that I,m down to 6 goes I cant turn the ignition on switch the radio off then on holding both as then I will have to wait the allotted time before it comes up with 6----, going to get opcom on it at the weekend and see whats causing this cock up......who would of thought a bleedin radio could cause so much hassle.....Sorry just lettin off frustration...

John

jazz

just found this on another site

there is no radio code on the 2005 and on vectra,the radio is coded to the display using the security code,you can unplug and plug the radio back in to the original car with no problems

its gettin worse