Question about lowering..

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I have bought 30mm Eibach lowering spring, I have been told that it will only lower my Sri by 15mm with it being lower factory standard to other models. I have Bilstein B6 shocks to go with the springs. Now the next part, will it only lower my car by 15mm as thats not going to be much difference to what it is now, seems like a waste of time as I wanted it more lower than that, at least so my wheels / tyres are nearly level at the arches dunno..

How it is now, with out the lowering kit fitted:

Rear:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_007_17.jpg

Front:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_006_11.jpg

Full side shot:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_010_10.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yes always been like that since I changed my wheels for 18" wheels, it defo need to go lower :(

Mark Dj

Former Staff
They should be fitted by the weekend I hope, just need to get my rear shocks ordered

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Another question, do I need a spring clamp tool to put new springs onto brand new shocks? Both have never had anything fitted to them before, brand new. Cheers

Matt

Administrator
Shouldn't need spring clamps to fit the new ones, but you may need them for removing the rear springs.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Your right, I need some of the old parts off my old shocks to put onto the new shocks, like the part that keeps the spring down onto the shock. I was thinking about doing it myself.

rushy

You might get away with B4's on the back if your only dropping it an extra 15mm. I think there only £35 each from LMF or Eurocarparts. There a bit more child friendly as well. I have an advisory on one front shock so will be fitting B4's all round this year I recon.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
I will still get the B6's for the rear, just to keep it all the same spec. Does anyone know the torque settings for the shocks? It's getting fitted tomorrow