Resolved Query? - Email notifications of replies

astra22bertoneauto

Hi Matt

Just a query if I was doing something wrong? When I reply to and/or create posts I find I get 1 or 2 emails notifications of replies but then they stop after that so i dont know if anyone else replies e.g. 1st person replies email yes - 2nd reply email no - 3rd reply email no and so on.

Is there a check box to tick so I get notification of all replies?

Matt

Administrator
Hi Matt

Just a query if I was doing something wrong? When I reply to and/or create posts I find I get 1 or 2 emails notifications of replies but then they stop after that so i dont know if anyone else replies e.g. 1st person replies email yes - 2nd reply email no - 3rd reply email no and so on.

Is there a check box to tick so I get notification of all replies?
The way it works, is that you will receive a notification of the First unread reply to a topic. You won't get any further notifications from that topic until you visit the forum and read the thread again. At which point, you'll get a notification of the next reply to that thread.

i get them all in one big lump about 3 hours after they have been posted
They should be coming out of the SMTP server as soon as the reply has been posted. There will have been instances where they have been backlogged, due to me sending a mass mail out, but other than that, they should be going straight away.

Matt

Administrator
Carl, this is the e-mail to you of my reply above @ 12:40
email.PNG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
there must be a delay my end i just had 32 emails the last time i opened wlmail was about 00:10 and i had 3
emails.JPG

astra22bertoneauto

The way it works, is that you will receive a notification of the First unread reply to a topic. You won't get any further notifications from that topic until you visit the forum and read the thread again. At which point, you'll get a notification of the next reply to that thread.

Is there an option to change this so you can?

Matt

Administrator
been using WLM for awhile and its set to 1 min :)
Hmm, not sure why there is such a delay then, unless it's taking time for your e-mail provider to process and let them be collected. Upgrade to Premium Member, and I'll do your e-mail for you ;)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
im all out of bread got to borrow the money for the chain kit from me mommy :) when im flush i will :)