Project Zafira

Din

If I'd known you needed a water pump tool you could have had mine

One of those things you know you'll never use again

Yeah that is a pain... but it was £30.00 from the motor factors so all in was £99.00 including coolant...

So from one issue to another, the alternator has just died :(

Made it back home from Cheltenham just as it was getting dark... the light flicked on a few times on the way (about half way) but then went off again, i imagined a possible dodgy connection and pressed on.
When i got to my brothers house i borrowed a meter quickly.... hmm, 11.7 volts while running :mad:

Hooked it up on jump leads to my brothers R32 for 20 mins to get a charge in it, started up threw the leads off and drove the 30 miles home just before it got too dark ! So... it looks like another £150.00 this month then... i just hope my new work will give me half a day tomorrow and that Camberly auto factors can get one or have one in the morning.

We really need two cars at all times... bloody pain in the ass (n)

Din

ai267.photobucket.com_albums_ii320_mgrover3_IMAG0145.jpg

ai267.photobucket.com_albums_ii320_mgrover3_IMAG0146.jpg

ai267.photobucket.com_albums_ii320_mgrover3_IMAG0147.jpg

Done... much better !

And Dave Moore at Camberley auto factors Swindon is an utter legend :)

Cost in total was £119.00 for the alternator, new V belt and some new front wipers, even got the alternator from another branch in one hour ! Lisa has taken it to work and all is back to normal :D

Din

Its leaking coolant again :mad:

Looks like its coming from the water pump area again from what i can see, but i only stuck my head under the car and saw a drop or two on the sump on the drivers side.

Taking the pee this is now, took me a fair few hours to do that pump, and i went belt and braces to make sure all the seals where 100% right and all seals where replaced, its only a small leak, i have driven it 60 miles today and the level has not moved much, but if its the same as before it will loose some coolant as it depressurizes.

There is not a lot else behind that area is there ?

Din

It wasnt the water pump after all :unsure:

Took a look at work today, put it in the air, it was fine ! Except the top hose was weeping where it connects to the cylinder head... basically in the dark while doing the alternator job i put that stupid spring clip back on the hose at a different angle, then when i put the bracket back on the side it very slightly pushed on the clip and lossend it slightly, hence the water leaking out as it cooled down... so my fault this time ! So had to take the new waterpump back to camberly lol, they where (as usuall spot on) (they never charged me for the replacement in the first place as i said i would bring the other one back today) !

Anyway a nice big jubilee clip now sits in its place !

Sorted :)

Din

Update, done 20k in it so far, another new alternator as the other one expired again, tracking and alignment done, oil and filter change, just put 12 months mot on it, 2x new front tyres, 2x rear shocks, 1x front drop link, new discs and pads all around in the last few months as well.

Need an egr cheater as the eml light came on last month with egr as the stored code ( I blanked it off ages ago anyway).

I have also had to replace the ignition barrel and have yet to refit the cowling round the steering wheel.

It's all running well but you do have to top the oil up regularly (no smoke), as seems the norm with these engines.

Never got around to fixing the check strap on the osr door... But I have repaired the wiring as the door lock stopped working on that side due to broken wires.

Air con working well etc, it's a very practical car!

But it will be up for sale soon as my dad has finally agreed to sell me his 2006 octavia 4x4 estate td.

Any idea what it's worth fellas?