Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
nice tool there carl ,how do you normally go about holding the crank pulley still whilst undoing the bolt,i normally put a bolt in one of the holes so it stops against one of the vanes on the oil pump cover
big screwdriver buy the same method :) you have to be sure to use the bigger notches in the oil pump cover they snap easy the thin ones

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the finished article :)

WP_000608.jpg WP_000609.jpg WP_000610.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
went to get a climate package out of a 2.2 elegance with a mate today i got the whole system out in an hour not a bad buy for me mate at £45 for all parts
i got a steering column and a wiper motor for £7 :)
WP_000622.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
new set of hid ballasts bought ""them s**tty thin black ones""
had 3 pop now so im going back to the old bulky style that dont pop

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
a new ballast come lol its 55w but the wrong case style lol sent an email there sending another one lol
WP_000680.jpg

yesterday i fitted a new belt pulley one that i had pushed the bearing out of and fitted a new 6203 to the one on the car was making a row after 4k rpm also fitted a new belt just because i had one in the boot :)
its all nice quiet again now

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
had some fun today
took the passenger side wheel off to have a look at the alarm siren again!
only to find the inner drive shaft gator split not sure how long its been open but it was still full of grease and not much rust :)
WP_000702.jpg

local car parts called 2 on shelf £13 bargain
WP_000701.jpg

stripped all the parts out the way to get the shaft out oops forgot to drain the gear box oil lol but a good excuse to change the oil :)
WP_000703.jpg

its out
WP_000704.jpg

after cutting the split gator off with scissors i found the clip
WP_000705.jpg

after releasing the clip with a super large screwdriver the joint dropped off
WP_000706.jpg

new boot on and put the new grease in the joint
WP_000707.jpg

tried to find my side cutters to close the clips up but no joy ended up modding a pair of old mole grips
WP_000709.jpg

WP_000708.jpg WP_000710.jpg

went over the seal face with a scotch pad
WP_000713.jpg

i then took the opertuaty to fit the front eibach spring to the shock
heres my diy spring clamps
WP_000716.jpg

and fitted with grease on the top bearing
WP_000717.jpg

all back in and ready to roll well apart from the gearbox oil that will have to wait till the morning
WP_000718.jpg

found a new fuel filter and clips in the batcave so they went on to
WP_000720.jpgWP_000719.jpg

must remember to look at the alarm tomorrow

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its pretty Baltic out side lol i still went out and jacked the beast up to fit the drivers side spring to the shocker
gearbox oil done to had to remove the battery to get at the fill plug that was a bit of a mission now the chargers there :)

edit:-
and when i disconnected the battery the alarm went off lol so theirs nout wrong with the siren must be a melted wire more to do in the morning then!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
sounds like we both found 'unwanted' jobs this weekend :mad:
yeah i was shocked to find the gator split but with in 1min of finding it i was on the phone ""what the car needs the car gets"" lol

the belt on the charger is now looking a bit healthier the new bearing in the pulley i fitted a week ago is still quiet and the belt is now running in the outer grooves on the chargers pulley its not showing any signs of wear on the inside edge like it did before so hope its now running true

going out with op-com in a min to find out where the fault is on this alarm driving me mad i think it must be one of the 4 control wires not making connection

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
wheels off again to look at the power sounder
all parts of the system are working doors/bonnet/boot switches level sensor
and the siren looks clean and not full of water and its getting power also goes off when unplugged

op-com reports 121 ""no response of alarm siren
WP_000740.jpg

looks like i have some loom tracing todo !

food for thought
b9860z.jpg

Last edited: