problems

hi guys want to pick urs brains a bit with some trouble im having

symptoms being :
loss of acceleration through gears 1 and 2 but 3 pulls nice
drinking alot of petrol, probably 21 mpg but range states 25 quid of fuel will take me 79 miles

have stuck the obd reader on attached a pic,

my cat and o2s is showing as X but i have just put on a new cat and lambda sensor just after the cat

any ideas??

cheers guys
20130613_092923.jpg

MikeS

Former Staff
when are you checking those codes ?, straight after turning the engine on ?

have replaced just the o2 sensor after the cat (one closest to centre pipe)
codes were checked at different time have done just after start up also left it connected for a jorney or 2 to see wat live data comes back,
the thing is it dosent show up any codes just that there is something not right and shows caution sign on the obd and what show up is wat is pictured

Matt

Administrator
but is there an EML on the dash? I'd suspect the code reader isn't reading properly, as if either of those bits were faulty, it should tell you via the relevant code.

i get a code about the catalystic converter below thresh hold bank1, but i clear the code but this still wat it reader after its clear there are no codes pending or stored .
the screen pic show wat happens when i press i/m readiness, which i think is to do with emmisions testing before takeing for MOT?

Matt

Administrator
i get a code about the catalystic converter below thresh hold bank1, but i clear the code but this still wat it reader after its clear there are no codes pending or stored .
the screen pic show wat happens when i press i/m readiness, which i think is to do with emmisions testing before takeing for MOT?

If you do a search on here for Bank1, you'll find loads of threads for this, and it's the first O2 sensor pre-main cat.