Precat or not?

identiti66

Is there any way to tell externally whether this Vec B front pipe has a precat in there or not?

ai1149.photobucket.com_albums_o589_identiti66_Vectra_3boltflange.jpg

vx-chris

Ive answered you on vxon mate. The only way to tell if its been took out is by dropping the pipe. Imo if its there then get rid and if its not then happy days

corsaZ22se

take it off and while its off make a 2.5" down pipe to cat section with a 200cpi metal cat in it.
get shot of that pee shooter ;)
I just made a 3" down pipe to cat section for the corsa, no pre cat here :cautious: :D
Photo0328.jpg

identiti66

As much as I'd love a 2.5" front pipe there's a couple of sticking points.
My lack of access to tubing and a 200 cat not withstanding, I have no welder. And even if I did, I can't weld o_O

dewismotorsport

My vectra b doner car had one (I think) but that pic of yours looks like someone has cut it out and added a bit of pipe in place

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

company's like demon tweaks can supply the tubing, bends, flexi and cats.
you just need to learn to weld or find a friend who can :)

identiti66

That last bit.. learning to weld isn't really an option. I have neither the equipment or the inclination unfortunately.
I used to know people who could, metaphorically speaking, weld snow. But they fell off my social circle a fair old while ago.
There is a local chap who is supposed to be very good but I'd need to buy all the materials first - and the front pipe is a way down my list at the mo :(

identiti66

Thinking about this again (weather's getting better and I may have some spare change soon)...
If I were to find someone who'd weld up the pipes and bends for me, would it be best to have a 3" front section or 2.5"??
I'm planning on using the 2.5" cat back system I got from corsaz22se and I very much doubt this car will be supercharged, ever.

identiti66

Nice one.. thanks man..
Just enquiring about a lightened flywheel (although I did read on here that the C20NE one fits and is 2.5kg lighter so I'd like to investigate that further) and I want to do the balance delete too..
With the ported/polished tb, when I get one, I think that's it.

milo

Next question (sorry).. if I use a sports cat (and don't ave a pre-cat) there's a risk of the O2 sensors giving me an eml iirc??
Will this lambda boss (times 2) do the job or would I need one that take the sensor further from the pipe?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111107051803

Found some long and right-angled ones, are ant of these the ones I need?
http://www.everyexhaustpart.com/exhaust-lambda-boss.html

I'm running a 200 cell sports cat with no pre cat and never brings on a light and easily passed its mot

identiti66

I'm running a 200 cell sports cat with no pre cat and never brings on a light and easily passed its mot
Do you have longer lambda bosses or are they normal short-ass ones?

Thing is, once this is done - if it gets done, there's not going to be much option to go back and change anything. It has to be right first time.

milo

Do you have longer lambda bosses or are they normal short-ass ones?

Thing is, once this is done - if it gets done, there's not going to be much option to go back and change anything. It has to be right first time.

Normal ones bud

identiti66

If I had regular bosses done would I be able to add a cheater to them if necessary?

Parts alone for this front pipe are running close to £200, I was hoping for nearer £150 but hey ho.

milo

I had full 2.5'' upgrade from ma
If I had regular bosses done would I be able to add a cheater to them if necessary?

Parts alone for this front pipe are running close to £200, I was hoping for nearer £150 but hey ho.

this is what I bought to have my exhaust done

2.5'' exhaust bends/straight from jpexhausts £35.12
2.5'' stainless steel flexi £14.99
Magnaflow 200 cell cat £78.99
2 x lambda bungs £9.92
front lambda sensor £42.99
rear lambda sensor £24.99

Total £207 for the parts then was charged £90 labor for the welding and fitting. Its not cheap and I only done it to help the gases flow better with the coupe being supercharged

Edit

Also I added new hangers, bolts in manifold and gaskets so thats more costs​