Precat or not?

take it off and while its off make a 2.5" down pipe to cat section with a 200cpi metal cat in it.
get shot of that pee shooter ;)
I just made a 3" down pipe to cat section for the corsa, no pre cat here :cautious: :D
Photo0328.jpg

As much as I'd love a 2.5" front pipe there's a couple of sticking points.
My lack of access to tubing and a 200 cat not withstanding, I have no welder. And even if I did, I can't weld o_O

That last bit.. learning to weld isn't really an option. I have neither the equipment or the inclination unfortunately.
I used to know people who could, metaphorically speaking, weld snow. But they fell off my social circle a fair old while ago.
There is a local chap who is supposed to be very good but I'd need to buy all the materials first - and the front pipe is a way down my list at the mo :(

Thinking about this again (weather's getting better and I may have some spare change soon)...
If I were to find someone who'd weld up the pipes and bends for me, would it be best to have a 3" front section or 2.5"??
I'm planning on using the 2.5" cat back system I got from corsaz22se and I very much doubt this car will be supercharged, ever.

Nice one.. thanks man..
Just enquiring about a lightened flywheel (although I did read on here that the C20NE one fits and is 2.5kg lighter so I'd like to investigate that further) and I want to do the balance delete too..
With the ported/polished tb, when I get one, I think that's it.

milo

Next question (sorry).. if I use a sports cat (and don't ave a pre-cat) there's a risk of the O2 sensors giving me an eml iirc??
Will this lambda boss (times 2) do the job or would I need one that take the sensor further from the pipe?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111107051803

Found some long and right-angled ones, are ant of these the ones I need?
http://www.everyexhaustpart.com/exhaust-lambda-boss.html
I'm running a 200 cell sports cat with no pre cat and never brings on a light and easily passed its mot

I'm running a 200 cell sports cat with no pre cat and never brings on a light and easily passed its mot
Do you have longer lambda bosses or are they normal short-ass ones?

Thing is, once this is done - if it gets done, there's not going to be much option to go back and change anything. It has to be right first time.

If I had regular bosses done would I be able to add a cheater to them if necessary?

Parts alone for this front pipe are running close to £200, I was hoping for nearer £150 but hey ho.

milo

I had full 2.5'' upgrade from ma
If I had regular bosses done would I be able to add a cheater to them if necessary?

Parts alone for this front pipe are running close to £200, I was hoping for nearer £150 but hey ho.
this is what I bought to have my exhaust done

2.5'' exhaust bends/straight from jpexhausts £35.12
2.5'' stainless steel flexi £14.99
Magnaflow 200 cell cat £78.99
2 x lambda bungs £9.92
front lambda sensor £42.99
rear lambda sensor £24.99

Total £207 for the parts then was charged £90 labor for the welding and fitting. Its not cheap and I only done it to help the gases flow better with the coupe being supercharged

Edit

Also I added new hangers, bolts in manifold and gaskets so thats more costs​