Poorly vxr

Daz

Former Staff
Well after the poor rolling road results i got on saturday, and finding out i have a misfire and running very lean i've started looking in to the issue.

1st off , compression test(dry)
Results
Cyl 1 150psi
Cyl 2 150psi
Cyl 3 130psi
Cyl 4 135psi

So even tho theres variation in the results on 3 and 4 there all within 15psi of each other

So set about doing a cylinder effiency test. Warm engine
With each cyl on tdc on the compression stroke(done in cyl order) i have air escaping into the crankcase and venting out of the oil cap on every cyl.

will update when ive done some digging

Last edited:

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
If its the piston rings, should you not get some white smoke out the exhaust when flooring it? My old z22se I replaced did this, but very very mildy.

Coming to think of it, maybe thats why my bottom end went due to oil starvation?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
would a wet test not show rings ?
youtube code for 33seconds start time not working so skip to 33 sec's :)

Last edited:

Daz

Former Staff
If its the piston rings, should you not get some white smoke out the exhaust when flooring it? My old z22se I replaced did this, but very very mildy.

Coming to think of it, maybe thats why my bottom end went due to oil starvation?

Not necessarily, as it could be just the compression rings at fault and not the oil control ring.

Daz

Former Staff
Its all just numbers to me carl.... but my man at the mapping company we use who sent me that afr table from my regal map says its full of mistakes

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have no clue on them either it would just be better if all ecus had a usb port and software like this
SliderDemo2.png

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
drop of oil in each plug hole si

Sorry for jacking your thread, how would that work and what would it do by dropping oil in the plug holes? I presume a plug hole on its own and see what one coughs smoke or stutters?

Bah carl posted before me!

Daz

Former Staff
Done the same tests on alys last night. Same results as mine:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2