PO 341

Vectra c Z2.2se i keep geting eml light with fault code PO341 Cam sensor The car seems to be running OK any ideas on what could be causing it as i understand this engine doesnt have a cam sensor

Thanks Martin

MikeS

Former Staff
is this with an aftermarket reader ?

quick search on google and vectra c forum suggests it might be the coil pack

quite simply the fault code relates to a sensor that doesnt exist

sounds like you might need to book it into a stealership for a tech2

Help, have replaced Crank Sensor and Coil pack with GM parts still have engine warning light keep comming on, P0341 fault any one had this problem.

Car went to dealers with instructions to investigate further, told them that i had replaced crank sensor and coil pack and had the eml light reset several times each time same fault code P0341.
Told me they had fixed it ,bill for £90.00 all they did was reset the light, back on before i left forcourt.

Then left car with them for a further Two days !!!
Now say it could be coil pack or engine ECU but has I've changed coil pack they can try a ecu for £500.00 in other words they have no idea!!!!
Looks like i will get car back and put up with it until it breaks down.

Matt

Administrator
Such a shame that VX only seem to be able to actually investigate something based on the fault code shown on Tech2, and not actually get their hands dirty and investigate. "Computer says No!"

BURT150

It amases me how the stealers say we dont know!! Why dont they know they built the f**cking thing!

Then turn round and offer to take a punt on it being the ecu, that being the most expensive part! :wtf:

If there was a list of The correct signal from each sensor or solinoid you could have something to compare it to. Through the proccess of ilimination you could work out what was at fault.

I dont think they exist tho :(

MikeS

Former Staff
I wouldnt panic too much m8

get on ebay and source yourself a 2nd hand ecu, transponder and chip, u can fit it yourself buddy

as for crank sensor fault the car would go into limp mode but it would be a pig to start up and it would idle irratically and lumpy without any power

I remember when i took mine down stealership when i had blocked pre cat

the mechanic took the car for a spin with the eml light flashing at him then had the audacity to tell me it was driving fine they then said it was an ecu fault when i really upset em

replaced the cat myself in the end then got a refund on my tech2 diagnostics by ringing up vxhall direct and having a go at em

Thanks,
I don't think its that easy to change the ecu on Canbus Vectra c from one car to another without Tech 2.

I have now cleaned the 2 engine ecu plugs with switch cleaner and cleaned the earth onto the ecu to no avail . the light still comes on with sane fault p0341 cam sensor.
I now understand that the cam position is calculated by the coilpack by reading the fuel injection pulses any ideas where next to look?

vocky

Staff
on the z22se P0341 refers to "Misfire Detection"

coil pack
crank sensor
dodgy spark plug
dodgy injector
timing chain jumped a tooth

Thanks for the Help the car seems to run OK would i notice the Valve timming out? How do i check injectors ?
I've had both chains replaced with geniune parts kit about 5k ago.
The light seems to come on after intermitton intervals from 1mile to 150 miles after being reset, normally on idle at traffic lights.

poundy

Matt said:
Such a shame that VX only seem to be able to actually investigate something based on the fault code shown on Tech2, and not actually get their hands dirty and investigate. "Computer says No!"
thats real crap.dealers are pretty s**t.
rare you get an actualy cecent mechanic these days.
my mate is one in a dealership in crawley and he dont know much at all realy.
they just service cars and replace part (if they can determine what it is of course!!!)

Andrew

Vauxhall Vectra C Elite 2.2 Z22SE
I had bad mis-firing with the EML and not knowing anything better I had my local garage replace the coil pack with a £160 non-GM one. But I still had the EML and the garage read the code to be the camshaft positioning sensor being out of specification. But the car seemed to be running OK so I carried on driving it with the light permanently on. 18 months later the car suddenly lost power and would only run slowly with no acceleration. At the time I had no option but to book it into my nearest GM workshop who diagnosed a blocked exhaust, caused by the catalytic converter all broken up inside. £740 later with a new cat the car was back on the road, but I still had the EML on. I took it back and the fitter read the code to be the camshaft positioning sensor. He was surprised and said the Z22SE engine doesn't have a camshaft positioning sensor (I didn't know this before), because its function is carried out within the coil pack electronics. He phoned Vauxhall Technical who told him it was a faulty coil pack. They also said the coil pack controls the timing at the spark plugs and the fuel injectors and the faulty one was probably the cause of the cat breaking up from unburnt petrol passing through the exhaust valves. The coil pack was then replaced by a genuine GM one for another £260 and the result was a revelation - smoother and quieter engine and improved petrol consumption. I learnt a lesson; only fit genuine GM parts. So after just recently paying out a total of £1000 the non-GM coil pack has been returned to the suppliers with a request to carry out diagnostic testing and consideration for a contribution to the cost. Although it looks identical to the GM one, I think the problem was caused by either a manufacturing fault, or that the design does not include the function of the camshaft positioning sensor which is the reason for the EML and error code. I am still waiting to hear from them.