Please look at my URGENT inlet question ;-)

Hi

I need a new inlet manifold for the z22se but the one I purchased from a vectra is slightly different and has a small inlet just below the housing to the TB as seen below: (circled)

[URL=https://s650.photobucket.com/user/agius1/media/download_zpsf268a0c0.jpg.html]ai650.photobucket.com_albums_uu227_agius1_th_download_zpsf268a0c0.jpg[/URL]

Does anyone know what this is for as this is blanked off on my current manifold so has no use.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
its the inlet for the standard egr system
most peole get rid of the egr valve and fit a z22se egr cheater then blank off the egr
some also blank off the pipe to the inlet

5M1THY

its the inlet for the standard egr system
most peole get rid of the egr valve and fit a z22se egr cheater then blank off the egr
some also blank off the pipe to the inlet

Sorry to butt in but what's involved in blanking the egr pipe I would like to do it in the future

5M1THY

you need a water plug from vw it slots right it
you would need to search the forum for the part number i did mine diy with the standard pipe and a penny silver soldered together
it looks like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thermosta...anking-Plug-KIT-Audi-VW-Porsche-/321085531321

Cheers bud I'll look out for the vw part but was thinking along the lines of what you've done anyway depends how much the vw part is. The egr pipe is redundant so it bugs me being there lol

Ah,
Thanks for that, makes sense as mine has egr cheater. With the vw plug thing does it just slot right in? If not are there any links to show what's needed?

I also bought a manifold from vectra but found that the brake vacuum hose was different and there was a spring loaded valve in the side. I assume that there are variances even though it came from a z22se from a vectra.
Thanks guys

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
there's a metal clip thats on the standard pipe did you not use that simon ?

i did it my way lol saved £3
WP_000310.jpg WP_000313.jpg WP_000314.jpg WP_000315.jpg WP_000316.jpg WP_000317.jpg WP_000318.jpg

vx-chris

I used the vw plug on mine and it slotted straight in. Don't think it was going anywhere but I still used the little clip to be doubly sure. The only thing I haven't done yet is covered the hole on the engine its self like Carl has above