Plans Possible ??

Tina

Hiya, well im a happy bunny. My bf has come in from work with
good news about Hector (my car)

Supercharging & NOS :D
He knows a guy that will fit a supercharger & does the piping for £300

Also nos easily fitted,
My Question is, can Hectors little engine take this ?

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Your engine will take a supercharger no problem. You may have to get better cams? The Nos I am not sure about but I think it is possible. Keep us up to date on how it all goes :)

Lightning Coupé

Whilst I hate to be a typical skeptic I doubt you can fit a supercharger for £300, perhaps £3000? Did you miss a 0 off! By the time you’ve sorted the fueling out and some sort of piggyback ecu to control it your gonna be in mega bucks. Just stick with the nos If I was you :-D

xinitialz

easy bolt on or small electric supercharger kits do exist... but dont expect to get 250 bhp out of it lol. I'd say more in the range of 25-35bhp. Dont know much about them but dont think they any good for yer engine.

not sure what she was talking about though so ya she prolly missed a 0

dunno..

Tina

Lightning Coupé said:
Whilst I hate to be a typical skeptic I doubt you can fit a supercharger for £300, perhaps £3000? Did you miss a 0 off! By the time you’ve sorted the fueling out and some sort of piggyback ecu to control it your gonna be in mega bucks. Just stick with the nos If I was you :-D

£300, no i dint miss a 0 out, a friend ?? :)

Tina

i buy the stuff & he fit it? He mentioned an Eaton supercharger,
but tbh i aint sure. Im not technical, so thats why i come
to you lot for tech advice.
I dont want to blow my engine up.

I know what to expect, LOL not expecting fast n furious power.
I just want a bit more kick out of the car when needed.

TimSri

No way can you supercharge the 2.2 for 300! You will also need to uprate the engine, Cams, ECU, brakes ect. To do the job properly you are looking at around 3500 - 4000

Tina

no man, he will do the work for £300 quid and can supply the piping or what ever it is.

Think i may just look at a squirt of Nos, had that kit on me S2.

TimSri

Be careful with nos. If you use it reguler, your engine wont last long.

If you want big power gains, why don't you buy a GSI?

Tina

points for speeding aint good for gsi insurance.
I had a scooby wrx, but got rid as flux refused me insurance,
and other places were mrga bucks.

So i want discreet things.

TimSri

I see, gutted about the points! I had a UK spec. Impreza Turbo. It was a fantastic car, (apart from the fuel consumtion) untill i lost control on a bend and smashed it into a concrete wall!! :( :( . A very costly mistake!

Matt

Administrator
jimbob-80 said:
I see, gutted about the points! I had a UK spec. Impreza Turbo. It was a fantastic car, (apart from the fuel consumtion) untill i lost control on a bend and smashed it into a concrete wall!! :( :( . A very costly mistake!

I can imagine! Bloke at work has gone one, and it only comes out for the summer months, and does about 2000 miles a year.

TimSri

The impreza turbo is truly an amazing car. It is the best handling car i have ever driven. I have not been in a car that can handle like an impreza ( Although it didn't stop me from writing one off :( ) Mine was running at 270Bhp, and incredibly fast. As you can imagine, I really miss it cryb.. but it was own stupid fault.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the Eaton super charger cost 1200sqid cheapest with out delevery so £300 is a good price 4 fitting remap will be needed b4 driving it tho, and yeah i put my evo 8 in to a load of trees lol 300bhp 0-62 4.3sec's as standard handled really well until the tree incident
this is what it should look like
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_evo555Small.jpg

this is how i made it look
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_busted_evoSmall.jpg

and thats why i got an astra coupe ... :D

Matt

Administrator
FECKING HELL! You were bloody lucky to come away from that.

That is well and truely f**ked. How'd you manage to try breeding it with a tree?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yep i was hurt and yes I'm very very lucky to be here that was 3 years ago when i was 22 it was 80 mph sideways in to big trees lol tore my lung lots of blood puke.. , 2 broken ribs fractured in multiple places fractured to vertebrae in my spine and sliced my ear up good and proper had glass in every orifice (all i can say dont look over ya sholder while driving not a good out come)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Nasty! Glad your ok now mate. Your Coupe is just as smart as the Evo. The wheels you have do wonders for it :)