Pinky Pinky what going on?

OK I wasnt sure where to post this...

I have a 2.2. Vectra C SRi when I fit a cone Airfilter I get a pinking type noise tried to remove battery for 10-15 mins then took it for a spin, seemed ok for a few day but then the pinking returned!

Any ideas? would a K&N panel filter be better?

Thanks,

L.

He did mate he did, just need someone to sort out my pinking and also the creaking / rattling from the rear left roof/pillar area then were sorted mate :D

rushy

The 2.2s dont like the hot air mate. Ether get a panel filter or a sealed unit like the dblias or pipercross unit. As for the creaking im sure its a warranty fix, just a couple of rivets.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Pinking could be down to crap petrol. My car was remapped on Optimax and whenever I use normal unleaded it pinks like a pig.

what..

Yeah think I will give the airbox mod a go as I can always put it back.

With the rivets I though it might be that but sometimes it sounds like a rattel from the roof might try to check out the boot hinges?

JohnnyN said:
Pinking could be down to crap petrol. My car was remapped on Optimax and whenever I use normal unleaded it pinks like a pig.

what..

Might try that was going to give it a go but is it me or is the super unleaded harder to find now cant seem to find it anywhere?