PERFORMANCE CAMS FOR B207

inergen

i am seeking info on performance cams for the B207 (LK9) ecotec engines for Saab 93. so far, without luck. anyone ever used the LSJ (supercharged version of the LK9) cams on the Saab engines?

/i

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well if you have the b207e/l(175hp) you can fit the b207r (210hp)cams as and upgrade
the b207r cams work well up to 300hp

i have a set of stage 3 lsj turbo cams in my engine and they're good with the supercharger and mods i have to the head

inergen

i am on B207R and intent to do about 400hp. i have got forged internals ready and short of cams. can your lsj turbo cams work on the B207?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i would try the b207r cams with the larger turbo before spending the money on cams
if you're going to run around 28psi or more your going to need arp head studs to keep the head down

my engine started as a b207r from 2012 and they fit fine the lsj is just a supercharged lk9
altho my head is built to make more power :)
WP_20150131_01_43_27_Pro.jpg

inergen

getting interesting...you are smack on... just that i didn't 'declare' what i had on the B207R... currently running a 20T turbo. at a last track session, pushed it too hard and i am having a low compression at #1 cylinder. need an internal job and got a set or wossner pistons ready for the overhaul. valve trains need replacement too and so, the missing jig-saw is the cams.

arp studs are on its way here, but let me ask you what spring ratings are you on with the stg 3 LSJ cams?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i know quite a bit about this engine :) and its limits

spec on my head is
diy porting done by myself way over size
supertech bronze valve guides
Ferrea Racing +1mm valves (inlet and exhaust)
supertech smaller valve seals to suit the valve springs
supertech 94lb double springs with titanium retainers
uprated upper front guide bolt
including when fitted was a cometic gasket and arp head studs
balancer shafts deleted for use above 7000rpm

inergen

damn gungho to push 30 pounder on stock internals..:woot: any dynoed numbers on your setup?

back to the LSJ cams; supposed the exhaust is pressed hex to the vacuum pump and the intake to the steering pump?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
im only running 13psi supercharged :)
11414971_888522781227883_1236681963_o.jpg

the exhaust definitely has the hex as im using it to drive the vacuum pump but my car come with electric hydrostatic power steering so i dont need the power steering pump on the cam
i would have to look thru my pics to see if its pictured