passenger side mirror removal

patricks

Can anyone help with instructions removing the black plastic panel with the red square I don't want to break any clips holding it in place. Some idiot crashed into my mirror. and worse, refuses liability....

Attachments

• mirror.PNG
    mirror.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 247

KevinH

Hi Patrick,

It may be held on with screws from inside, hidden behind a piece of trim if it's similar to a Vectra B. :)

patricks

Spot on Kevin! Thanx! The screws that hold the mirror bracket were behind tweeter trim panel on the inside of the car :)

HarleyPete

Just a word of warning, they may be like the ones on my mates Zafira. One of them is actually on a slotted hole so you don't have to undo it completely (if you do it falls into the door recess never to be seen again which is why on a new one they give you a spare, lol).

patricks

Yep i learned the hard way to always use a magnetic tools when i dropped a socket down my timing case :) Got the screw out but the plastic thingy feel down into the door ill have to fish it out,,,,,,,,,,,,

HarleyPete

I found that out at work when I did a colleagues mirror on his old Zafira. I did wonder at the time why there was a spare bolt in the box then I found out why, lol.