part 1 of cruise control mod

furn

no i never i was in a mood after gear knob see other thread if you want ill take a photo for other people

chrisjw

Will probably be able to work it out but might be handy if it goes wrong or for other people. If you can't I'll do it when i do mine.

Mark_647

i have a picture on my computer but its down at the mo, if i can get mine running b4 anyone else posts one, ill post it!!!

chrisjw

Finally got round to fitting the switch and stalk. The clutch switch was easy. Dropped in and the wiring was just by it. However I can't find the wiring for the stalk... I removed the cowling around the steeping wheel and had a poke about in the dash. Where have people found it before?

Also where is the cruise control ECU? Is it behind the glove box as a friend of mine has a CDX with cruise and seems to have at least one electronic unit behind there that I don't have... Just wondering if mine wasn't fitted with this ECU hence doesn't have the harness I need.

vocky

Staff
there is no cruise ecu, it works via the engine ecu :)

the small 4 pin socket is usually on the top of the steering column dunno..

George106

I wish I would read and look more on this website before I start fitting stalk and clutch switch. I felt absolutely useless when I couldn't find socket for stalk controls on steering wheel column, then struggled connecting it with plug from stalk :eek: . Then I went to buy switch from Vx stealers and fitted switch just in front of their shop crawling under dashboard in dark. I managed to remove green plastic bit from switch but left red bit fully pressed so I couldn't fit switch into bracket. dunno.. Anyway I have fitted it and drove back home with c/c working.

SriSte

Ive fitted CC again, and runs no problem, and seems to work below 20mph too.

I took a picture of the steering column this time too.
ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y67_evilbloke_Columnconnectors.jpg

poormansporsche

done mine today, really is a doddle, i know absolutely nothing about cars, engines, electrics etc. I also did mine on the VX dealers forecourt (in case i broke anything, which i did!), in the pitch dark with only a mobile fone as a torch. The switch by the clutch pedal was covered in that furry gaffer tape stuff and was bit of a pain to get off - the switch in the steering column was easier to find as it had a nice bright blue plainly removable block sticking out of it.

funnily enough when i had CC on my old Astra Coupe i never once used it but with all these "Average Speed Checks" on motorway roadworks now, i think i will be using it quite alot - 2 different ones on my daily commute (A2 Kent)

boothy2.2

just fitted my clutch switch but still doesn't work :(

is there a right way and a wrong way tor the plug to fit on the switch notsure.gif

also can anything else affect it, like a warning on my mfd that comes and goes "brake lamp fuse" but the brake lights still work!