Paint Peeling Drivers Door

Matt

Administrator
Noticed this morning that there is some paint peeling off the drivers door where the handle meets the door :mad:

door.JPG

Should be easy enough to fill in with a touch up kit, but it's f**king annoying to say the least!

mazza 2.2

I'd be annoyed Matt, looks like where the handle has rubbed against the door when getting into the car. Maybe a recurring issue! The passenger door wont see it for how little it's used hopefully.

Matt

Administrator
I'd be annoyed Matt, looks like where the handle has rubbed against the door when getting into the car. Maybe a recurring issue! The passenger door wont see it for how little it's used hopefully.
Exactly! The passenger door it fine, and I've only noticed it this morning when I filled the car with petrol and was getting back in.

mazza 2.2

At least it's only the one side eh! Some touch up tho as you say will do the trick and it's kinda in an inconspicuous area only noticed by the enthusiast (y)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i had a similar problem with my car when it was only a few years old
it was where the grill had cut in to the paint i had it repaired under the anti perforation warranty
might be worth an ask
ai90.photobucket.com_albums_k262_evocarlos_Image041Small.jpg

Sjdickso

Staff
That's poor Matt, I would be tempted to go under the warranty for that if paint warranty is still valid due to age?

If you do it yourself mate want to treat that area as you well know you don't want corrosion creeping in that area.

Matt

Administrator
That's poor Matt, I would be tempted to go under the warranty for that if paint warranty is still valid due to age?

If you do it yourself mate want to treat that area as you well know you don't want corrosion creeping in that area.
I'm not sure what the paint warranty is on them. I'll have a word with VX tomorrow and see what they say.

Matt

Administrator
Did you talk to VXL today?
No mate, not had chance to today, been mad at work. Going to have to call them on Monday....but looking online, it appears the Paint is 6 years (mine is almost 7 year old now), and you are supposed to have an annual paint inspection when you have a service at the dealers....which I don't have.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
just batter your eye lids at them it worked for me lol
but i never had any services done after the 3 years was up due to the price and there inability to look after my car
was still able to make a claim so to speak for the paint on the bonnet it was passed after inspection i then had to go to another dealer with a paint shop

Sjdickso

Staff
I remember struggling with mine at only 2 1/2 years old, I suppose at nearly 7 you may have issues. Still worth a call though?

MikeS

Former Staff
handle needs to come off and rub down to bare metal m8 otherwise rot will set in
I am guessing that is bare metal on the first photo

Matt

Administrator
handle needs to come off and rub down to bare metal m8 otherwise rot will set in
I am guessing that is bare metal on the first photo
Underside was scraped out using the bit provided in the kit. It's not down to bare metal, there is primer there, but it's covered in grime in the first pic.