Op-com Drivers For Win8

Does anyone know how to get op-com running using windows 8? When I try pugging in the op-com device & running the interface test it, it cant find the driver to run it.
Any idea's?

rushy

If you get no joy you could try Furby on VVOC he sells these units and can remote install the software, he may be able to give you a pointer on how to run it on windows 8.

I emailed the guy I bought it from & he said he could do remote install. Is this a safe thing to do? Im guessing it means someone being linked to my laptop?

Thanks rushy, i'll have a look on vvoc if I cant find what im looking for.

Matt

Administrator
I emailed the guy I bought it from & he said he could do remote install. Is this a safe thing to do? Im guessing it means someone being linked to my laptop?

Thanks rushy, i'll have a look on vvoc if I cant find what im looking for.
Yeah, you'd give them access to your PC while they set things up for you.

Finally got opcom running on windows 8, well sort of!
Big thanks to the guy from opcom weebly, I know he's on a lot of the VX & Vectra sites! He put something on my laptop called virtual machine & loaded windows XP for the opcom software to run on, & it works perfectly!

Sjdickso

Staff
Finally got opcom running on windows 8, well sort of!
Big thanks to the guy from opcom weebly, I know he's on a lot of the VX & Vectra sites! He put something on my laptop called virtual machine & loaded windows XP for the opcom software to run on, & it works perfectly!

Nice work around.

Matt

Administrator
That's good that it's working then. I did always wonder if OPCOM would work inside a VM instance, especially with it having it's own hardware that it needs to communicate with.

The issue with getting opcom to run on Windows 8 is won't let you modify or attach any unsigned drivers! Even if you try turning off driver enforcement signature. The guy is offer remote setup assistance for a small fee but its well worth it for anyone running windows 8. Just as a reference if anyone is having problems.