Oil

Matt

Administrator
Daz, what oil are you using on yours and Aly's VXR?

Daz

Former Staff
5/30 fully synth in alys and the last of my gm 10/40 in mine Tm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matt

Administrator
Thanks Daz, think I'm going to use GM 5/30 in mine this time around, given how cheap it is on trade club.

Matt

Administrator
Well I'm currently running 5/40 at the minute, so that's made it clear as mud :facepalm:

Sjdickso

Staff
I used to use 5-30GM stuff all the time but found it burnt a bit in the Z22SE but it burnt oil anyway due to the great rebuild of the stealer lol last few times I have used GM 10-40 in the new lump.

Just used genuine VW long life 5-30filly synth in the Seat and seems to be running better, that nod the new V-Power :)

Matt

Administrator
I might just go and get some 5/30 as I can always drop it back out.

I've ran 0/40 and 5/40, but wanted to try and save a bit of money this time as the gearbox has taken most of my budget for maintenance for the next 20 years!

Sjdickso

Staff
I might just go and get some 5/30 as I can always drop it back out.

I've ran 0/40 and 5/40, but wanted to try and save a bit of money this time as the gearbox has taken most of my budget for maintenance for the next 20 years!

Sure 5-30 will be fine, can remember that pain mate when the Clio launched the gear box and took the engine out.

Daz

Former Staff
I don't usually like using 5/30 my cars as I think it's a bit thin. But as we don't stock 10/40 in work anymore I've had to try it. But I've used it in alys car 1st as the turbo is brand new and if it causes any issues with the turbo it's still under guarantee.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matt

Administrator
Cheers Daz, I've got an oil restrictor, so should be OK running the thinner oil. I always have this dilema, as I really like the Fusch oil, but the GM stuff is just so much cheaper