Oil level

Kb1974

evocarlos vocky

Hi chaps just been out n checked fluid levels, and found no oil on dipstick. Topped up with 1lt still not registered on stick in the end it took 4lts of oil to register. Surely this cant be correct no low oil warning in car, no low pressure warning on clocks. Engine has only been in for 1000 miles. Gonna do a full drop and refill tmoz. The o ly thing i can think of is when i got the engine from figo126 the dipstick ring you pull was broken so i swapped mine over from my engine was the length diffrent in the earlier ally topped engine to the plastic topped version???

Cheers for any help.

Last edited:

TFD

Had an oil leak some time ago. Lost about 3.5 to 4 liters of oil and no sigh in the dash whatsoever. Noticed it on time thankfully sonthe engine was saved. Would've lost it if I had drivin it for another half hour I guess.

Kb1974

I could understand if i had a oil leak or it was burnning oil but it is not doing any of them and h/g is all fine so no prob there.

vocky

Staff
the z22se dipstick is a lottery at the best of times, I tend to spin the dipstick a couple of times before removing it and check the level when the engine is cold