Z22YH OIL IN MY COOLANT??

DAVE55

Hi,
I have found the brown milky stuff on my coolant filler cap and black oil on some rag after dipping into the expansion bottle, can oil get in via a tired water pump or will it be the head gasket, I had a small amount of milky stuff on my oil filler cap through the winter but none since the weather warmed up?
Any help would be appreciated thanks :depressed:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
word on the vine is head gaskets rarely fail
more likely to be water pump from reading here :)

these engines are renowned to get creamy coffee milk in the oil filler car and normally a good drive on the motorway clears it but if you have oil in the water bottle it will need further investigation :)

DAVE55

word on the vine is head gaskets rarely fail
more likely to be water pump from reading here :)

these engines are renowned to get creamy coffee milk in the oil filler car and normally a good drive on the motorway clears it but if you have oil in the water bottle it will need further investigation :)

Thanks for your reply, I`ve been to my local garage & they said that it wouldn`t be the water pump & that it would most likley be the oil cooler (I can`t find any refrence to in my manual?) or head gasket or cracked head?? The car runs fine apart from some vibration just off tickover, that I think could be the worn clutch/dual mass. So its looking highly likley that I`ve got a full rebuild ahead:bookworm: