Z22SE oil gallery plugs/oil pressure sender

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
im looking to fit an oil pressure sender wanted to know the size thread and pitch for the oil galley plugs so i can get an adapter then just bolt in to the block
unless theres a better place to fit ?

there was a little concern the oil pressure was low after balancer shaft removal but i think its just he 5w30 oil thats no good

astra22bertoneauto

Did you knock both the balance shaft bearings 7mm towards the gearbox? Also could be the pressure relief valve jammed open - possibly?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yeah the shells were both knocked back 7mm
when i 1st started it before it ran it took awhile to get oil up to the top of the chain so wanted to check the oil pressure was ok
where is the valve in the oil pump cover ?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
any special way to clean it out ?
car seams noisy again today like a squeaky pulley
going to change the 5w30 to gm 10w40 on friday and try and find the squeak

what's the thread size on the oil pressure switch ? have been looking at a tee so i can add in the sender

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
bump bump bump
i got 5 days to play and about £4.60 to spend ??
whats the best way to clean the oil pressure relief

astra22bertoneauto

bump bump bump
i got 5 days to play and about £4.60 to spend ??
whats the best way to clean the oil pressure relief

Sorry mate had a very busy few days had some complete body and engine looms to change on a 207 where someone decided to play muddy puddles with it.

Ive got a couple in bits so ill take some pics and give you some tips.

astra22bertoneauto

Right oil pump / pressure relief valve is as follows: -

1st pic - remove relief valve. If the metal tube is stuck inside still, either poke your finger in twist etc to free it or.....

DSC_0328.jpg

Undo metal cover to reveal the oil pump......

DSC_0329.jpg

and poke with something in the direction of the red arrow to free it. CAREFUL not to use anything sharp etc to damage the edges inside. once you have all the parts of the relief valve out you can then clean the pathways and the metal tube part of the valve.

DSC_0330.jpg

Hope this helps (y)

corsaZ22se

shame your not closer as ive got an engine oil pressure test kit with all the different adaptors to fit most engines where the oil pressure switch goes. or other test ports if the engine has any.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Right oil pump / pressure relief valve is as follows: -
1st pic - remove relief valve. If the metal tube is stuck inside still, either poke your finger in twist etc to free it or.....
Undo metal cover to reveal the oil pump......
and poke with something in the direction of the red arrow to free it. CAREFUL not to use anything sharp etc to damage the edges inside. once you have all the parts of the relief valve out you can then clean the pathways and the metal tube part of the valve.
Hope this helps (y)
it sure will buddy dont think im going to remove the cover just remove the plug and spring then blow it out with the air line

shame your not closer as ive got an engine oil pressure test kit with all the different adaptors to fit most engines where the oil pressure switch goes. or other test ports if the engine has any.
yeah its the only problem were all not closer :)

lmf sell the oil pressure gage for like £22 with adapters but the sender has no low limit output and im thinking this may be a problem do the ecu take a feed from the oil pressure switch ?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
got it out today while the rain holds off and give it a good blow thru with the air line
new filter and oil going in and the ported TB also doing the egr blanking on the manifold while the rain holds off lol
WP_000309.jpg

NirAstra

got it out today while the rain holds off and give it a good blow thru with the air line
new filter and oil going in and the ported TB also doing the egr blanking on the manifold while the rain holds off lol
View attachment 12208
Hello.did you open the relief valve without taking the pump off?
Did it solve the problems?
I have strange low pressure started a week ago.
2.2 bar at worm idle.goes up only to 4 bar at 4000rpm and above.
At the past,was 2.2 bar plus 1 bar for every 1000 extra rpm.thanks, Nir

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Hello.did you open the relief valve without taking the pump off?
Did it solve the problems?
I have strange low pressure started a week ago.
2.2 bar at worm idle.goes up only to 4 bar at 4000rpm and above.
At the past,was 2.2 bar plus 1 bar for every 1000 extra rpm.thanks, Nir
yes just removed the plug and pulled out the spring and piston i never really saw any difference as back when i did this i was not monitoring the oil pressure but i do have data on the oil pressure for ever 10rpm from 1800rpm to 6000rpm
my issue is with the balance chain delete the pressure peaks at 120psi after 4500rpm
rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1000rpm