Oil cooler feed options

dewismotorsport

Needing to fit the oil cooler and just wanted to know the best location to take the feed from?

Top finger or bottom finger (oil pressure sender)
ai693.photobucket.com_albums_vv292_dewismotorsport_C7FC4A9E_6208181f41d93ab3d779c810e2827a2872.jpg

I'd like to keep the oil pressure sensor but I'm sure I'll live without it if need be.

The return will go back into filter housing via the vx220 sandwich plate
ai693.photobucket.com_albums_vv292_dewismotorsport_3620B3D9_663acdb29a46677d963fa7bb68bfbfc2fe.jpg

I've tried to get hold of the relief valve thing but can't seem to find one anywhere
ai693.photobucket.com_albums_vv292_dewismotorsport_A96F8BD8_6211809c555609f2134a8a4ba204ffe379.jpg

What's peoples thoughts?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you fit the feed pipe to the standard oil pressure switch location
then the oil pressure switch is moved to the ring of the oil cooler plate so you still keep the switch
oilcooler.JPG

no idea where to get the pressure relief thingy from

Dave Gilbert

id like 1 of them adapters so i can run a oil cooler(should have 1 really with a turbo fitted like it would standard on the net)

best keep n eye out for 1

dewismotorsport

Cheers of course! :banghead: totally forgot that the sandwich plate has the pressure switch in :banghead::ROFLMAO: so only a case of moving it and possibly extending the wires.

Should of looked back at my old pictures as I've got the pipe runs shown.
ai693.photobucket.com_albums_vv292_dewismotorsport_BA94F3D9_6717eca915894b1e843a664699ff4c04af.jpg
ai693.photobucket.com_albums_vv292_dewismotorsport_76664955_F57adbf1eab4c27f37c8d878b466c88cde.jpg

Found a vx220 breaker who had some but said they'd only sell it with the engine :mad::(

Dave Gilbert

Yeh £60 is a bit much. Could you come of 1 of the 3 plugs on the back of the engine to a cooler, not sure where you could come back in unless you could go to 1 of the other 2 plugs on the back (not sure about it circulateing that way though).

Theres allways a way haha

vocky

Staff
the relief valve is not required on a saab engine, just leave the steel insert in place and blank off the saab oil cooler with a blanking plate.

All the relief valve does is block the oilway so that the oil is diverted to the oil cooler.

I have several of the oil cooler relief valves in my parts stash if you want one (y)

dewismotorsport

the relief valve is not required on a saab engine, just leave the steel insert in place and blank off the saab oil cooler with a blanking plate.

All the relief valve does is block the oilway so that the oil is diverted to the oil cooler.

I have several of the oil cooler relief valves in my parts stash if you want one (y)

Yes please mate if you have a spare, let me know how much you want (I'll pm you) (y)

I'm still running a z22se engine so think I do need one in for it to work best.

Dave Gilbert

i know this is abit of an old thread but........ having a think, what about taking a feed pipe from the back of the block (like the oil feed to the turbo) to a cooler then back to where the oil pressure switch is at the bottom of the block? im just weighing up options on coolers and adapters