Oil catch tank

rod1-sri

Has anyone put one of these on there car? I was talking to someone and they said that the oil breather is connected to where the air inlet joins the TB and it tends to suck in hot oil when driven hard and thus reducing power i was just wondering if anyone had done it and if so is it a difficult job?

pottsey

dont know about reducing power ,but fitting a catch tank stops all the crap from the breather pipe entering the inlet pipe thus it keeps it cleaner ,johhnyn has one fitted on his s/c and burt150 has one also .also if you get in touch with burt as he makes them.it wouldnt be a hard job just a case of getting a longer length of tube from the rocker cover to the catch tank,and putting a blanking grommet in the inlet pipe
have a look in here mate
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=14347

Last edited by a moderator:

cologne

wy shoud the oil catch tank reduce the power? i thing no !!

but all 3-4000 miles in the winter with many days with wet air i have to open the catcher and clean it---its then nearly 70% full.
may be the reason for this little miles is my s/c with 0,65 bar boost an so more boost going down near the pistons to the oilpan
there is 10-30% oil-water-grease/lubricate and 70-90% water in my catcher. so its good i've there is a pipe outside on the catcher to have a look. and also good when there is a screw or something on the button of the catcher to drain this catched thinks

RaDz

Sorry to revive the thread but i figured i'd use this instead of starting a new one.

Rightyo then.............could someone give me some ideas as to where I can place my catch tank?? I've fiddled around abit with the catch tank and cant decide the best place to put it notsure.gif

Ive taken pics of my engine bay for you all to have a look. Also, the catch tank itself is 165mm (H) x 80mm (W) and its in the shape of a can of soft drink.

aimg101.imageshack.us_img101_9306_engine1.jpg

aimg138.imageshack.us_img138_6175_engine2b.jpg

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (y)