Oil Catch Can

admiral

would a catch can reduce the amount of condensation i am getting in my engine?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have no idea if it will but i have noticed since my last oil change i've got some sludgy build up in the rocker cover

I've always found driving my car on short journeys & not letting the engine get up to temperature properly causes a lot of sludge build up from condensation.
I don't think a catch tank will reduce the condensation I always thought they were to reduce evaporating oil & hot gasses from entering the intake manifold. I might be wrong.

admiral

the condensation is a real problam for me.i only live 3 miles from work and the engine only reaches max temp for a few minutes before i get there.does any body know of anything i can do?

MikeS

Former Staff
would a catch can reduce the amount of condensation i am getting in my engine?

No

the condensation build up is most likely as a result of your engine not warming up or short journeys,also a faulty thermostat

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
the condensation is a real problam for me.i only live 3 miles from work and the engine only reaches max temp for a few minutes before i get there.does any body know of anything i can do?
Best thing to do if that is the case, is to try and take it for a good run on the motorway every now and again to get the oil heated.

MikeS

Former Staff
i would start the engine up and let her reach temp before you drive her to work :)

turn off heaters to help speed up temps