Oil advise and recommendations here.

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Thanks Tim.

I meant its a year since I last spoke with you. ;)

Anyway, I found some info from Millers that states 10 hours track use and 100 hours motorway use.

Absolutely perfect for my usage. Thanks again.

Hi I am looking for some advice, recently bought a vectra which was last serviced in Oct last year however It had barely done a couple of hundred miles since due to waiting on a DMF and Clutch replaced which was last month, so I am wanting to know what oil you would recommend, looking back at its service history its only been getting serviced/ oil change every 2yrs with 73k on the clock! I will be doing engine oil every 6 month's

Make: Vectra
Model: Sri
Year: 2005
Engine type: 2.2 z22yh
Performance modifications: None
Looking for which grade engine oil for next service.
Driving style: Road, lots of stop start during the week, slightly longer journeys at the weekend 50miles
probably the worst driving style for engine but hey its what I need to do, any advice is welcome

Regards

Kev

Hi Kev

I would use a 5w-40 synthetic and you will find those through the link below.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim
Cheers for the sound advise Tim, I must admit I used your sites product finder and it recommended 0w-30 synthetic oil :0

Hi,

Until midnight Sunday we have a 20% SALE on our website with voucher code SALE20

If you need any oil advice then we are here to help! You can contact us here, alternatively give us a call on 01209 202944 Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm or send us an email to [email protected]

Cheers

Oilman

Opie Oils final sale of the year is due to finish midnight this Sunday.

awww.opieoils.co.uk_images_upload_remindersunday.jpg

To give you an idea on some of the deals available, below are some examples of popular products with the discount code SALE20 applied:

- Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 | 5 litres £41.99

- Castrol EDGE 10W-60 FST for BMW M-Series | 4 litres £34.39

- Millers Oils CRX 75W-90 NT Transmission Oil | 5 litres £52.30

- Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil | 5 litres £25.19

- Motul RBF 600 Factory Line Brake Fluid | 500ml £10.84

Come and see for yourself, all the brands we stock can be seen HERE >>>

If you need help you can call us Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm on 01209 202944, email us at [email protected], or just ask here.

The team at Opie Oils

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Make: astra G
Model: coupe
Year: 2004
Engine type: z20net /storked up to 2.2
Performance modifications: supercharged
Driving style: fast road
Any other information that may be relevant: 270 - 300bhp ,brand new engine 0 miles
what recommendation are you looking for? Engine best for running in 500miles ? 6L
recommended normal is mobile 1 like this one
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/407-Mobil-1-Synthetic-Oil.aspx

is there a uk equivalent ?

Hi

That Mobil is different to the UK stuff they do.

I would say a good 5w-40 would probably be the way to go, unless you are getting high (over 125C) oil temps or high oil consumption, then a 10w-50 is the best choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-659-10w-50.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS Nanodrive, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition.

Cheers

Tim

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
was going to use a running in oil but i think im just going to
get 15/40 for the 1st 100miles
then 10/40 for 100-500 miles
then go fully synthetic for the rest of the miles

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Yeh I would go with that and when you take the filter out split it to inspect for wear and materials
i do want to do that one day but its easyer to just throw it in the bin and not get messy :)
with a new engine there will be some debris in the oil from the bedding in i may even get a magnetic sump plug just to catch the fines

If you’re in need of oil advice and recommendations then please just ask, we are happy to help. You can ask us here or by PM, drop us an email to [email protected] or just give us a call this afternoon, we are here till 5.30pm.

It's a great time to buy from Opie Oils, until midnight Sunday we are giving an additional 15% Off our already discounted prices on all engine oils with voucher code 15OFF.

Cheers
- oilman