OEM Xenons

roosta225

Is it possible to replace my standard facelift headlights for the OEM xenons i've seen on a few cars?

Was thinkink of a HID kit but if this can be done i'd much prefer it.
Anyone know how much they are and where to get them from?

Cheers
Russ

roosta225

Warm with heat gun, pull apart, clean, spray, refit. thats the short version anyway.

Start coming to Barra instead of work and i'll start teaching ya. Lol.

How was Turkey?

monkeyboy

f#@king hot lol. asked shell to marry me to ballchain.gif
units shutting at xmas so no job need summat closer to home really
im on hol in a couple of weeks so ill pop round (y)

roosta225

Yeah do. Why's it shutting? I've had enough of travelling too so got a few applications in round here.

Good lad bout asking her, its about time. I take it she said yes?

Anyway back to topic.
I want some OEM xenons, can anyone answer my origional question?

Russ

SriSte

Yeah, theres 2 options really, you can mount the xenon lights like your standard ones, you'll need the plugs and silver controller boxes for the xenons, passenger one is attached to the bottom of the light, driver side on a small loom. Then you wire your old loom colour to colour on the xenon plugs, about four wires. From memory you need to connect the black wire to a switched 12v source to power the level motors up so they dont point at the ground. Bit of a bodge this way.

Or you can do it properly, you'll need the 2 levellers from the underside of the car too, both on drivers side attached to front and back suspension. Then wire them in fully, three wires each to the level sensors, a few to link the driver and passenger light, and two or three go inside for an ignition live and a connection to the MID and diag port.