Z22SE Not happy - socket fell into my timing case

patricks

Hi all, whilst changing my water pump a socket fell down into the timing case..............do i need to remove cam cover to remove timing case? Or can i get away with the following:

1. remove drive belt
2. remove engine pulley
3. remove drivers side engine mount
4. remove timing case

Also how much time should i budget for this.......

Dave Gilbert

Taking the timing case cover off should be a quickish job at the stage your at, id say 30mins

but its more than likely its in the sump.

i think you could get a flexible magnet in the sump after taking the side casing off

patricks

Taking the timing case cover off should be a quickish job at the stage your at, id say 30mins

but its more than likely its in the sump.

i think you could get a flexible magnet in the sump after taking the side casing off

Thanks Dave id rather remove the sump altogether as that looks like its a quicker and easier job because i dont have the tool to remove the engine pulley or a breaker bar. How can i be certain the socket is in the sump however? The socket dropped from water pump service opening and it didnt make too much noise on its way down so i thought it may be where the blue circle is in the pic. I only heard one clunk and that was it - i was hoping i could fish it out with a magnet thru the service opening....

Stil would like to get blanking plate from you. My email address is [email protected] can u pm me

Attachments

• timing case.jpg
    timing case.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 151