next mod

stokie

I've been thinking what should i do next should i get a new manifold with 200 cell cat or should i put new spring with rarb

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have had the whiteline rarb on for 7 years only now really seeing its benefit with the new bushings in the rear beam and moving the adjustment up
one thing to note the whiteline RARB is made from s**t aussie steel went rusty in 2 years :(

manifold and 200 cell cat is going to be the best buy as you will get more horses
rear springs and RARB will just improve ride height and handling :)

stokie

i did want to get chris tullet manifold and 200 cell but i think i might wait until i can find a group buy or I can borrow my car to someone to let develop a manifold and a 200 cell and they said they will do the manifold for£250 and 200 cell for £150 but i don't know if i should borrow them my car because there work might be a load of crap

m4rtin

The best performance mod I've done is the manifold. I have the piper one but as they don't make them anymore it'll have to be a second hand one. If the exhaust company is a reputable one then the manifold and sports cat for £350 is a great deal.

Matt

Administrator
i have had the whiteline rarb on for 7 years only now really seeing its benefit with the new bushings in the rear beam and moving the adjustment up
one thing to note the whiteline RARB is made from s**t aussie steel went rusty in 2 years :(
Mine has started to go rusty as well. Seems like the coating on it is fairly soft, and chips really easily.

si.c1978

manifold and 200 cell cat is going to be the best buy as you will get more horses
rear springs and RARB will just improve ride height and handling :)
i didnt know that.... the whiteline rarb was cheaper to get than my GPvR arb but didnt come with droplinks looks like i dodged a bullet.:)

Matt

Administrator
I bought my RARB when it was on offer from Courtenays. I'd wanted one for ages, and when it was on sale, I bought it without a second thought. Totally transformed the VXR, even Amy noticed a difference, and she is normally oblivious to things I do to the car (unless they make it louder).

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
mines 2.25 from the cat back not sure on the increase as its not been RR for some time the manifold will give the biggest gain 10-15 going form the info on here :)

m4rtin

The only performace modifications I have made are k&n filter, piper manifold and a 2" cat back. I had my car rr'd at pvs and made 154bhp. So there are good gains from these mods

stokie

bin to the exhaust shop to day and we can't agree on a price as he wants me to advertise his shop by putting links to his shops on my posts on forums and he wants to put a sticker on my car

m4rtin

Well if he is using your car as a donor car to measure up and fabricate jigs for future custom on other astras and your going to be without your car for maybe a week. I would personally expect a significant discout. Unless this is a custom one off job then basically he can charge what he wants. And make sure a life time guarentee is included too lol