Newbie Z22SE Tuning proposals, help.

Hi all!

I've Just signed up on here, I bought a stunning Vectra B 2.2 SRI 150 estate in super rare Persia red with low mileage of 69,000 last September, and now xmas and new year are out of the way I want to make a start on tuning the sound lump, its is smooth, quiet and strong but would like her to go as well as she looks.

here's a pic...
ai60.tinypic.com_2qisojn.jpg

Now before xmas I got the management light up so I plugged her in and she was complaining that the cat was under-achieving so unable to find any info on a sports cat wanted the best quality OE unit I could get as I plan on keeping the car so didn't want some cheap Chinese tat and be back replacing it 18 months later, a quick call to my girlfriends dads place and insistent on a Walker unit, he said that they aren't serviced in the UK he called back half hour later and said Ive got you one coming in from Hungary, glad I insisted because the quality is amazing! Today I've just ordered the Remus center section from LMF which between the Walker downpipe and Irmscher backbox will make a tasty system which now brings me onto here, got a few ideas for engine mods but seek your wisdom, one thing is sure I WANT IT SUPERCHARGING!

The ideas are as follows...

*Exhaust system as mentioned Walker downpipe, Remus straight through centre and Irmscher backbox

*3 pipe mod (don't know exactly what this is someone please explain)

*Blank off EGR (do I need op-com to delete it)

*GM Supercharger kit (need input on throttle body, heard about fitting 2.4 unit or bore out standard?)

What power gains can I expect from those mod? please advise on proposed mods and or any extra things to do.

Thanks all!

Dave Gilbert

hi you want to talk to evocarlos, hes the resident master
also it would be worth talking to dewismotorsport as he has a vectra b supercharger ready ecu, which he may be selling which would save you having to go to courtney sport for the mapping

vx-chris

As above carl is your man to talk. You can get a egr cheater and blanking plate from the shop on here. Op com is worth while getting but won't delete the egr for you.

Oh nice looking bus you have there but I could be biased as my Vec is Persia lol

vocky

Staff
never heard of a 3 pipe mod either?

to help a standard engine breath better requires a few mods to the airbox.
Remove restrictor on air box lid, remove restrictor on lower airbox and fit a better air intake pipe to feed the air filter.
Does it do anything, makes more noise, sounds a little better but no extra bhp :LOL:

Blanking plates should be instock within a few days Matt is the man for them.

n iv never heard of a 3 pipe mod either?

Ahh cool thanks, I'll order the kit up as soon as they are in, I know, keep seeing it on the 2.2 mod list but never heard any detail on it.

Oooo another supercharged estate in the making .they do look good in an estate ;)

thanks, yeah I agree they are a great looking cars and the last thing on the road you'd expect to be running a supercharger, cant wait!

to help a standard engine breath better requires a few mods to the airbox.
Remove restrictor on air box lid, remove restrictor on lower airbox and fit a better air intake pipe to feed the air filter.
Does it do anything, makes more noise, sounds a little better but no extra bhp :LOL:

Ahhh, I see thanks, guess this wont apply to me with the supercharger? supercharger is just a cone filter stuck on the end as far as I can see.

pottsey

Ahh cool thanks, I'll order the kit up as soon as they are in, I know, keep seeing it on the 2.2 mod list but never heard any detail on it.

thanks, yeah I agree they are a great looking cars and the last thing on the road you'd expect to be running a supercharger, cant wait!
They do get a few surprised looks as you pass them
my old one
IMG_42432489036867.jpeg

dewismotorsport

Yeah well was in :LOL:

Don't think Steve still uses this site but everyone else can vouch for his car running fine, he may have a build thread somewhere