Newbie here!

Andy Coupé

Hi all

found this site via Astra Sport! Mark DJ, is this your site? My user name on AS is Andy Coupé!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Hello mate and welcome to the 2.2 site :D . Yes it's me Mark Dj :p . Glad you joined, hope you find some useful information on here for your 2.2 :D

Andy Coupé

Hope so! getting a cat back system fitted on Monday, was gonna go to Power Flow but had mixed reviews from many people on different forums. Anywat im settling for one from here http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/ was recommened the company from Icy on corsasport and www.thetigraclub.co.uk phoned them for a quote £285 fully fitted with my choice of tail pipe. Thereeven going to go through various sound set ups with me...... Cant wait till monday now!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Cool :) . I like the Powerflow exhaust as it's the only one I have ever tried out. It's my first ever cat back exhaust sytem I have bought, and the sound is just right for me :twisted: . What style tail pipe do you fancy? Also are you going to remove the Pre Cat? :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
The Pre Cat has nothing to do with the Mot :wink: . The 2.2 has 2 cats, 1 pre cat and the normal one. It lets the air flow much better when the Pre Cat is removed :p . It will pass an Mot with the pre cat removed.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
This is the Pre cat still in the exhaust

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_cat1.jpg

Pre cat removed :wink:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_cat2.jpg

Andy Coupé

realised what i put and and edited it! is it an easy job removing the pre cat? Seen the how to on AS but it looks a bit tricky!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
It is tricky mate, it took me 6 hours :eek: :LOL: . I never read the topic fully and did not drill all the way through the pre cat :roll: . Doing this mod made my exhaust sound different and it now pops and burps when cruising about. It's mad, sounds like a rally car

Andy Coupé

Mark2.2 said:
It is tricky mate, it took me 6 hours :eek: :LOL: . I never read the topic fully and did not drill all the way through the pre cat :roll: . Doing this mod made my exhaust sound different and it now pops and burps when cruising about. It's mad, sounds like a rally car

Did you notice any power gains?