New, sort of.

Been hovering for some time as a visitor and signed up a short while ago but hadn't got round to posting yet.

I imagine there's a few people know me from Vectra-c.com as I post on there too. Just thought I should say hi. :)

I have a Vec C SXi 2.2 pre-facelift. Did own a 2.0T SRi Estate as well (hence the avatar) but lost that in the split with my ex a year or so ago.

Mods done to the car so far:

SRi springs, airbox mod, rear electric windows, map reading lights and sunglasses holder, TID to GID upgrade.

Obligatory car pics.

awww.gcrpeople.com_images_cars_cars3.jpg

And my big hobby as far as the car goes is the ICE install. I'll post a thread about it if I get time and if anyone's interested (although some people may have seen my thread on vec-c.com), but a couple of pics for now.

Alpine IVA-W505R Head unit complete with PMD-B200P Blackbird satnav/bluetooth phone connection.
awww.gcrpeople.com_images_ice_72.jpg

Alpine DD-Drive component speakers all round.
awww.gcrpeople.com_images_ice_36.jpg

Alpine steering wheel controls and display adaptor.
awww.gcrpeople.com_images_ice_146.jpg

And the big part that I'm still very much working on...
awww.gcrpeople.com_images_ice_144.jpg

awww.gcrpeople.com_images_ice_145.jpg

dodger

Former Staff
Hi Ian, Welcome to the forum from me too.

Love that install, it is certainly taking shape, more info when you have time (y)

Well as there seems to be interest, I'll chuck a post up tomorrow when I get some spare time with full details of the ICE build, how its progressing (I'm a bit of a pic whore when it comes to working on the car so there's loads of pics of the progress on it and all stages of the build) and future progress work and plans. Is that best in the electrical forum or the projects forum? (Still working my way around this place).

Thanks for the welcome, nice site, already had a few dealings with Matt (thanks again btw), think I'll stick around for a while ;)

blue se2 said:
Hello and welcome to the site as said nice space saving install you have.
side repeaters could do with tinting IMO???

Heh, one of many things on my list, as it's an early SXi, it's basically an SRi without a few of the trimmings, my plan is to turn it into a standard SRi eventually in all but the logbook and with a few extra bells and whistles, but mainly I'm interested in the ICE build, so as long as it's tidy and looks pretty standard from the outside I'm happy.

Planning on colour coding the door handles and skirts, changing the bumpers and front fog lights and rear light clusters to the smoked clear ones and yes you guessed it putting the smoked clear side repeaters on too as well as sticking a set of the standard 17" pre-face SRi alloys. The only other bits I'd like to sort at some point then are the chrome rings on the clocks and the chrome window trims (although those are like rocking horse poo to get hold of for the salloon and cost a damn fortune). I'm getting married in June so at the moment money is at a premium for anything other than that :)

blue se2

LOL should look good with those little extra's but that is one tidy vectra you have.
would be good to see some more pics of the install need some inspiration for mine but need room for push chair etc lol

blue se2 said:
LOL should look good with those little extra's but that is one tidy vectra you have.
would be good to see some more pics of the install need some inspiration for mine but need room for push chair etc lol

If you're a member on vectra-c.com look up my thread in the ICE forum, it's got the full history start to current day with hundreds of pics and detailed descriptions of how to install it all. I'll try and transpose the whole thread over to here too tomorrow when I've got a bit more time. :)

Heh, that's the one, didn't know what the policy was about linking to other sites, so didn't want to post a direct link to it. Thanks Matt.

It starts off with my desperate attempts to improve the sound a bit with an old Alpine unit I had kicking around while I saved up for the IVA-W505R but it's got the whole history of the build from start to present day in it.

Well that's a good couple of hours or more of my life I won't get back lol :D

I've just posted all the relevant details and hundreds of pics of my install to date in the projects forum for anyone who is interested. :)

blue se2

Ian-Highlander said:
Well that's a good couple of hours or more of my life I won't get back lol :D

I've just posted all the relevant details and hundreds of pics of my install to date in the projects forum for anyone who is interested. :)

Time well spent was a good read and pic whore is an understatment :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but we love pics on this site!!

Heh, I did warn you pmsl..

Although it does look like a lot more posted like that all on one day on one page than it does on my other thread where it's been posted over a year and a half or so across multiple pages.