New Plates

Sjdickso

Staff
Well, i didnt want to advertise the car supermarket on the Ibiza at all and i did fancy some pressed plates.

So quick order on our favorite auction site and 24hrs later they arrived.

Got my little helper to bang them on the car :) he was spot on with lining them up.

DSC_0328.jpg

m4rtin

I also have pressed plates. They look so much better and neater than the plastic ones. And like you said, most of them have the car dealers name on them too!

Declaration

Very interested in these guys but a bit paranoid that it would come off, what kind of adhesive do they supply with them ?

Matt

Administrator
How difficult would it be to slightly bend then? The front plate on the VXR needs to bend in the middle to match the contour of the bumper

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
there just alluminium i'm sure it would be easy
dont know if it would affect the finish of the top coat might be worth asking the ebay guy to see how flexible the paint is :)

Sjdickso

Staff
I could have them with GB or not GB but I quite like GB logo?

Very interested in these guys but a bit paranoid that it would come off, what kind of adhesive do they supply with them ?

I used heavy duty double sided pads and used loads, as Carl said just make sure the bumpers are clean, I pulled on mine and it would need some serious tugging to pull it off.
How difficult would it be to slightly bend then? The front plate on the VXR needs to bend in the middle to match the contour of the bumper

The Seat front bumper is the same and they bend very easy it just moulded to the natural curve.

My only concern with them is longevity of them, I would imagine they will chip very easy but only time will tell.

Declaration

I could have them with GB or not GB but I quite like GB logo?

I used heavy duty double sided pads and used loads, as Carl said just make sure the bumpers are clean, I pulled on mine and it would need some serious tugging to pull it off.

Good tips about making sure bumpers are clean guys, I seen a car just the other day with no rear plate but plenty of what looked like double sided blue tape and I was wondering if he had one of the aluminum ones too :p

No GB flag for me