New Laptop

Matt

Administrator
So, my previous laptop, HP Envy Ultrabook has served me very well for the last 2 years. Intel i5 3rd Gen, 8GB RAM, Crucial 256GB SSD installed.

However, I've had a hankering for a Lenovo for a while now. We use them at work (I've got a T430 as my work laptop), and I went to the local PC world and saw a Yoga 2 Ultrabook in Orange. However, it was the last they had in stock locally, and wouldn't do me any deal on it being the store demo model, so I walked away.

John Lewis had the silver version in stock:

ajohnlewis_scene7_com_is_image_JohnLewis_234023816alt5_ab0e168cae25f902d53675c94e590f7f._.jpg

http://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-yog...ram-500gb-8gb-sshd-13-3-touch-screen/p1756519

However.........while browsing their site, I saw they had an offer on the Yoga 2 Pro (Intel i7, 4K HD screen, 128GB SSD)......and £350 off the RRP

http://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-yog...sd-13-3-qhd-touch-screen-silver-grey/p1783162

ajohnlewis_scene7_com_is_image_JohnLewis_234141687alt4_ab0e168cae25f902d53675c94e590f7f._.jpg

So a phone call to store, and 1 hour later, I picked it up!

I'm using it now, and I'm blown away by it. It's taken a bit of getting used to and setting up, as a lot of the applications don't scale onto the 4K HD scree, so you need to manually adjust the dpiscaling (150% seems to be a nice level)

A larger HDD would be nice, but I have a 1TB OneDrive account, so all my documents are in the cloud anyway.

HarleyPete

Sounds like a nice bit of kit. Only thing I don't like is all this cloud stuff. It's all well and good having it there at your fingertips but if they suddenly loose it all then your stuffed. I like to keep my stuff backed up on my own PC (I appreciate that the drives can go down as well on my PC). Always wary as to how secure that sort of thing is as well.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
just been and bought an asus x453m
free update in the startup sequence best had do win8 is ploppy
WP_20150802_14_12_09_Pro.jpg

i did try it in the car but i got a warning :) hehe
dangertomanifold.JPG

HarleyPete

One thing I have found out which is a pain talking of One Drive is that One Drive for Business doesn't work on Android. Just when the school gives all it's staff access to Office 365 and a free 1TB One Drive for Business. Works on home PC which is something I suppose.