New Induction Pipe and Oil Catch Tank

George106

Hi,

yesterday did pipe and oil catch tank mod and engine is slightly responsive but when I stop (with engine running) I can smell oil gases from catch tank (small filter installed). I may move that filter somewhere else. dunno..

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Hello mate. Well done. What you need to do is take the breather filter off again, get yourself another length of hose that's the correct size to go on the catch tank outlet and also get yourself a straight joiner. Attach the new hose to the catch tank outlet and run the remaining hose down the back of the engine or somewhere towards the bottom of the engine. Pop the straight joiner into the hose end and then attach the breather filter to the end. Secure with jubilee clips and no more nasty smell!!

I had exactly the same problem. All fine now. I attached the loose breather filter to another bit of pipework nearby and secured gently with a cable tie.

;-)

kinglarry001

i know im bit late to this thread, but quick question. by doing the oil catch tank mod, does that just stop all the crap going back into the engine? and stops the build up of liquid in inlet manifold?

bit like blanking off egr, doesnt really improve performance, just stops natsy exhaust (egr) and oil filled air into the engine?

kinglarry001

think i might invest in doing this mod.......once my car is working properly lol and the random misfire has gone!!

it seems to be worse. now, when cold, and im sat at junction, idling,the revs keep dipping low a few times, then picks up to normal again.

strange. hoping its down to my emmsion light on, which is throwing up the p0300 code. so just waiting on my mate at ford and a teacher at college to make me a spacer for second lambda sensor (see who makes it first! lol)

but think doing the fpr, oil catch tank and blanking egr, must help her breath less clogged cr@p and be better for her in the long run!!

identiti66

Ok chaps.. sorry for the 6 year bump but I have a question about this and figured an old(ish) thread could be better than a new one..
Sent Johnny a message but he's not about much these days, it seems.

Can someone tell me whether the Vec C pipe (airbox to TB) is of much, or any, benefit to a standard Z22SE (in a Vectra).
I'll be doing the breather pipe/catch tank thing soonish and figured, if it's worth it, I'd change this pipework too.