New Induction Pipe and Oil Catch Tank

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Fitted an induction pipe from a Vectra C and also an oil catch tank for the cam breather to vent into.

The Vectra C part# is: 9231937. I had to order this in specially from Germany. It took 7 days. The oil catch tank I bought from a chap on ebay. I've still to fit the small filter to the oil tank as it hasn't been delivered yet.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150038.jpg

I had to cut a hole for the air temp sensor.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150040.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150039.jpg

Routing the new breather pipe.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150041.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150042.jpg

All back together.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150043.jpg

Catch tank in situe in front of the bulkhead.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150044.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150045.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA150046.jpg

JohnnyN

Former Staff

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I would say it feels a little bit more attentive in mid power. The acceleration felt better too. The pipe is 70mm diametre bore. Our original pipe is very flat and is seperated into 2 channels then goes round a sharp 90 degree bend into the T/B. This new pipe is round throughout the length and even though it still has to turn 90 degrees, its a smoother flowing bend at full diameter as opposed to being flat into a sharp bend.

what..

Daz

Former Staff
For £11 u cant grumble tho...will ring our vx dealer 2moz and get meself one of them..
Howd u stick the sensor in the pipe?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Cut a hole in the pipe near to where the original hole would be in the standard pipe. 20mm dia. will be okay. The sensor is only a push fit into a rubber grommet, so pull out the sensor, remove the grommet, push it into the new pipe and refit the sensor. Have a look at my piccy above to see. I would put the hole in a bit nearer the bend than I did because when I fitted the engine cover back, the corner of the cover catches the sensor wiring. I had to modify my cover slightly. :oops:

Daz

Former Staff
Might be diff for me...i got the astra cover...so i'll suck it and see..not literally tho

Daz

Former Staff
Got my vec c pipe thru today..

Howd u manage with the small outlet on the pipe john..

JohnnyN

Former Staff
If you mean the small vacuum pipe, I removed the grey coloured rubber bit, it just pulls off. I then pierced a small hole in the same position as the outlet of the OE pipe and then pushed the vacuum pipe into the new hole. Remember, the hole has to be a bit smaller than the vacumm pipe.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_Pipeinput.jpg

:wink:

JohnnyN

Former Staff
Righty oh then!! I got another pipe thru' from Germany today. Part# 9177095 (courtesy of pxc150). This is very similar to the other pipe but it comes with the oil breather outlet if you are not doing the cam breather mod. The pipe is a bit more expensive at £23 inc. VAT @ trade.

I cut off the breather outlet and drilled out the hole that was left to 20mm dia. and then glued in a grommet. I then drilled the hole for the air temp sensor. This time I got as close to the first bend as possible and made sure the hole was not too big this time. The vacuum pipe goes into a small hole that I made right at the mouth of the T/B - pipe connection.

I made a much better job this time around.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210055.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210061.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210056.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210060.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210059.jpg

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y62_johnnyn1973_PA210058.jpg

:LOL: