New Exhaust made!

NathanD

Hi Guys,

I have been a member of the forum for a while now, but haven't really posted..

Last weekend, with the help of a mate, we made a new system for the Wife's Astra, its a Z22SE Linea Rossa Convertible,

On the ramp - you'll see it has some form of mild steel aftermarket backbox... we soon ditched this!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_093209_zpskpt4bevm.jpg

Cut the tailpipe off - this looks rather odd, never seen a setup like this before..
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_114834_zpstxvt2ecb.jpg

polished it!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_122753_zpsv6ois5hd.jpg

progress!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_151645_zpsy1cqsbpa.jpg

One backbox - you'll see me made an additional hanger mount to stop any up and down movement..
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_155446_zpsuq4ugpht.jpg

New vs. old
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_155942_zpsab1yvute.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_155954_zpsuvbheeud.jpg

full system done!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_161503_zpsgkv0uxvd.jpg

I already had a 200 cell cat pipe for my corsa on V-bands, so added this in, for some extra poke! The corsa is off the road, but will be de-catted ;)
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_162623_zpshgoiojk6.jpg

It's not Simons, its mine!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_Mobile_20Uploads_20140118_162657_zpsayuulqok.jpg

So to sum it up, its a 2" full stainless system with two silencers and a 200 cell removeable sports cat.

Purchased all the pipeworks from Jetex :)

Hope you all like!

NathanD

i like it :)

i need to do the same but it 3" with 2 silences

Thanks mate! The Z22SE is a really loud engine, personally I feel at 2" with two silencers it's pretty loud, you're going to need some huge silencers!

Did you do the SC conversion yourself, or have Courtenay do it?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Thanks mate! The Z22SE is a really loud engine, personally I feel at 2" with two silencers it's pretty loud, you're going to need some huge silencers!

Did you do the SC conversion yourself, or have Courtenay do it?
you want to here mine lol 2 1/4" cat back with no cat and 2 small silencers at full chat it wakes all the neighbours in the next village :)
its all in this link in my sig ↓ :)

NathanD

you want to here mine lol 2 1/4" cat back with no cat and 2 small silencers at full chat it wakes all the neighbours in the next village :)

Yes, saw your thread, very nice! How well does it run on the standard ecu? I presume it's standard ecu? I had a dBilas turbo kit on my Z18XE corsa C, and the standard ecu just couldnt cope with boost and no MAP sensor :/

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader

Looks good...Car needs a clean though :)

I only have a back box on mine as far as I can remember. Its too loud...

NathanD

Thanks for the replies guys!

Had a blow on the first V band, so sorted this last night, and the good news, is that the EML light hasn't come back on! So fingers crossed, the 200 cell sports cat is still 'efficient' as far as the car is confirmed!

Just sailed through its MoT too!

NathanD

Ignore my comment about the EML light, it came on yesterday... DOH!

yours isn't that loud carl, my corsa b is at louder, I would say yours is just right for sound level. :)

Thanks, I have been following your progress on CCUK! What manifold do you have on your engine out of interest?

corsaZ22se

follow the thread on here its more up to date and more detailed. only post on ccuk to wind up those that said it couldn't be done and only z20lets fit corsa C's!
exhaust manifold is from Dbilas, been matched and flowed to the head and down pipe.
inlet is still standard at the moment.....................................

NathanD

Hi guys,

Did a bit more on the exhaust, it had a blow so a mate of mine tightened the v-band and snapped it, so had to order a new clamp, but it was a different brand so had to swap the complete v-band and rings!

So, while having that done, I figured I would do the downpipe, as the system went from the standard manifold > 1 3/4" downpipe > 2 1/2" cat > 2" system. Was originally going to have a 2" downpipe, but the guys at Powerspeed suggested a 2 1/4". also binned of the cat in the downpipe too!

here it is!
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m272_Nathan_D_sri_20140811_105733_zpsphrb0gur.jpg

no blows now either!

Any ideas it it'll pass an mot with solely a 200 cell sports cat, its just of a standard map? EML comes on too, due to the cat no doubt, gonna try one of those lampda spacers.

Sjdickso

Staff
I have a spacer and get a EML every 400 miles but the CAT I got did have issues as many people who got the same cat had issues with EML and high emissions.