Needle bearing kit

dewismotorsport

i want to replace my needle bearings as a precaution as I have no idea what mileage their on and my car gets a hard time on track and lots of road miles currently, I've previously replaced the snout bearings as they were getting lumpy so these must be equally shagged.

I don't really want to pay the ridiculous shipping costs of zzp so will these be any good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301760003616

In reality if they last a year of racing I will be happy, and will replace as a maintenance mod over the off season.

Thoughts?!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
email the seller and ask if the needles are open back as that's the ones you want
zzp no longer list them on there web site and jbp no longer shows the size on his site so i cant quote the right size

dewismotorsport

Open back as in no rear casing too them?

I'll give him a message but fear they will be clueless :(

I'm sure I read somewhere there are two different sizes?!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
think there 3 sizes from memory of zzp'd listing
but the m62 lsj has open back no casing on the rear unlike the eaton m45 (mini) charger than has closed bearings

milo

Open back as in no rear casing too them?

I'll give him a message but fear they will be clueless :(

I'm sure I read somewhere there are two different sizes?!

When u find the right ones bud let me know as I could do with mine being changed also for peace of mind.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
could not find the pics yesterday but went right to them tonight :)
WP_001713.jpg

WP_001156.jpg

dewismotorsport

Got a reply back from the seller:

"Needle bearings with open back always have a 17mm internal diameter, but may have three kinds of outer diameter. 24,27 and 32 mm."

Did all M62's have the same size outer diameters?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the snout bearings are off the shelf there like £11 and about £15 with the seal and the 2 bearings

""the snout contains 2 bearings and a twin lip viton seal
1x 6204 c3 (must be c3 rating for high speed oll/heat clearance)
1x 6203 c3 (must be c3 rating for high speed oil/heat clearance)
1x 20x47x7-R21(must be viton) (its pretty hard to find a twin lip seal in 7mm wide but the single lip will work just fine r21= single - r23 = twin lip)""