Daz86

bean pondering this for a while so just finished it here's my pics

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Daz86

Not quite sure lol

People drill holes in them and link them to a filter via a pipe. I had a broken oil cap and the filter nocking about so just done it

identiti66

My understanding is that it's largely pointless (perhaps unless the car is used on the track?). The cam cover already has a breather, not sure how this offers anything more than that.

Daz86

Probably is useless on normal road car. but as I have said I already had the parts nocking about and took 10 mins of my time to do it so no loss or expense (y)

Daz86

Identiti66 . That reply Was not trying to be funny lol

Thanks Dave looks better than a plain filler cap. if it does anything it's a bonus that's all I do is short trips 4 miles a day normally to work and back

identiti66

Identiti66 . That reply Was not trying to be funny lol

Thanks Dave looks better than a plain filler cap. if it does anything it's a bonus that's all I do is short trips 4 miles a day normally to work and back
Wasn't sure, thought I'd err on the side of caution and clarify :)

I removed the cam cover breather from the inlet pipe thingy, stuck a mini RamAir filter on the end of the pipe.
Should probably stick the catch tank on there soon.

And nothing can improve on my oil filler cap. Coz it ain't 'orrible yellow any more.

dewismotorsport

I drilled mine out larger to help with breathing on track, the standard size breather on the rocker cover is too small imo especially if supercharged and have the pcv blocked off.

The standard cap has a built in diaphragm type pressure release for those that have never took one to bits.

Daz86

Just saw all this lol

people forget the air intake for the fan is at the back of the engine bay :)

The only time I get a slight smell of oil is when I'm sat a lights / junction with my window open and boot it off get the smell for a couple secons that's it not through the heater fan