My New Project

Matt

Administrator
would have been on more but as you can see had my hands full lol im only on now as hedi is on call and i cant leave the house iv been at the workshop some nights until mid night!!
bloody hell, that's some graft Neil

blue se2

next i started to build the kitchen frame. the plan here is to bond a laminated light weigt wood grained vaneered covered mdf board onto the frame so no screws?
vivaro 28.jpg

blue se2

bloody hell, that's some graft Neil

i am enjoying this build so much. but im finding so many little faults that the past owner didnt tell me i still have a lot of work ahead but im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and luckily this build isnt costing as much as i could have so far to date including the buying the van and all ive done to the inside and engine (all new seals replaced clutch cam belt water pump etc) im at about £1500 :cool:

mazza 2.2

I'm liking the build here, have you been taking some inspiration from other camper vans or are these entirely your own ideas?
A decent trailor would be a great for this too.

blue se2

I'm liking the build here, have you been taking some inspiration from other camper vans or are these entirely your own ideas?
A decent trailor would be a great for this too.

A bit of both tbh i'v found some ideas from a company that converts vans (www.convertyourvan.co.uk). But most of the conversions are done on short wheel base vehicles and are only 2 birth, all the 4 birth vans seem to use short wheel base vans with a pop up roof and put the other 2 beds in the roof. So i'v just put my own idea of using a bunk bed in the extra space I gain in having a lwb van.

I'v just put in my order for my metal should get that for the weekend so can start making the seat/bed frame and i'v just won £110 worth of caravan furniture board for £40 on eBay result pick that up tomorro night

blue se2

the fuse board and master switches for: Water pump, 12v sockets, main lights, bunk lights, and iv since added one for the TV areial amplifier and another for the TV.
vivaro 29.jpg

blue se2

this is the light weight caravan furniture board i won on ebay roughly cut and in place, i have yet to fit a corner trim on the wardrobe so yu wont see that edge.
vivaro29.jpg

blue se2

oh and the wood and foam to fit lol
just waiting for the door trim and hinges to turn up then i can start cutting the cupboard doors should be here any day now.

blue se2

ill let ya know when its done matt lol i dont think i have added as much weight as the pro conversions TBH and defo not as much as some of the vans i see at work that builders use!!

the kitchen frame is very light and so is that furniture board then there are 1.5 sheets of 12mm MDF about 6 sheets of 6mm ply (lining) and the insulation is very light.

blue se2

ill let ya know when its done matt lol i dont think i have added as much weight as the pro conversions TBH and defo not as much as some of the vans i see at work that builders use!!

the kitchen frame is very light and so is that furniture board then there are 1.5 sheets of 12mm MDF about 6 sheets of 6mm ply (lining) and the insulation is very light.

blue se2

up date time sorry again for th poor pic quality.

this is a pic of the kitchen front i drew the door fronts onto the light weight furniture board and roughly cut them out with a jig saw, because of the door edging trim i was using i had to cut out the doors 5 mm smaller than the holes (door trim was 2mm thick, the trim for the left hole was 2mm and a 1 mm gap so the door would open =5mm) once they were cut out i then clamped a peice of wood to use as a fence and used a router to cut the final door and hole shapes.
vivaro 39.jpg