My Astra VXR Arctic Edition

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Not long had my Astra VXR Arctic Edition. Loving the car so far. 16K on the clock, few minor issues that are getting sorted out soon. My car came with Sat Nav, Parking sensors, Full leather seats. Mods I have done so far are Pre Cat pipe and Forge recirculation valve. I am still getting a funny noise when I let off the gas, like a chatter noise or dump valve sound. All looks good under the bonnet though.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_IMG_2592_zps6b77ec23.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1344_zps305cef7c.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1330_zpsfd311b16.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1328_zps4bf70e28.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1324_zpsae8f7b9f.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1321_zpse8fa8e22.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_GOPR1306_zps0784bb59.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_11_zpse7152679.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_10_zps6d1d0a06.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_4_zps9a4992f8.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_9_zps57d0c0e8.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v318_markmk_1_zps2aab9b28.jpg

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Thanks :), no big plans for it. It came with a Stage 1 map but I was thinking of getting it removed, as it was done by a garage I don't know. The map only cost £179 lol. They say it's pushing 280Bhp. I want to get bits sorted on it and then get a custom cat back system fitted and get a better stage 1 map. I will be happy with that. I might get an anti roll bar thing fitted under the car at some point. It's in Vauxhall this week getting a new gearbox fitted, mine has a crack in it. Good thing is Vauxhall have agreed to pay 80% of the cost. I get a new gearbox and clutch :)

Sjdickso

Staff
Nice one, I would be tempted the get the unknown map off as well if it was mine, hear to many horror stories. Least with the new gearbox you know one of the weaker points is sorted :)

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yeah, and I will have my new box under warranty if anything goes wrong. I can't wait to play in it lol. I did a little video yesterday in it but the camera was rattling off the headrest, Dohhh

Matt

Administrator
That's lucky they have agreed to pay some of the money towards it Mark, especially if you are running it mapped. Have they fully agreed to it, as they normally send the ECU off for testing first, and if it comes back mappped, you pay for the privilege!

Mark Dj

Former Staff
The gearbox was damaged from the crash it had. They know it was crashed before on the front, but as a good will gesture they are happy to pay the 80%. They said with it having such low miles they would do the work. I have asked them to remove the map so they know about it.

Matt

Administrator
Ah, that's OK then, didn't realise it was from a crash. Thought it was the usual damage caused by 5th/6th gear going bye bye.

As for the noise you are still getting, have a look under the rear side of the engine, where the vac pipe from the top of the inlet manifold goes back down the engine. There is a small black box where the pipe should connect into. That can sometimes come loose, causing the pigeon noise you are still having.

Also, £ for £, the RARB is the best mod to do on the VXR.

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Yeah was thinking about looking into an RARB for it :). I bought this car crashed damaged repaired, then only to find out the gearbox had a crack in it. The guy I bought it off was being a knob, he wanted nothing to do with it. I tried to get my money back as he sold it a in good condition, mechanically sound. Vauxhall done me proud by offering to help us out 10%10 to Vauxhall :)