MOT fail due to cams??

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Didn't know they have cameras in the testing bays. Will have to see if my local has this setup for when I come to mot my car.
my 2 local ones have cams the one has just had a whole new mot station installed with cams ready for when there a requirement unless its just something todo with cover for the employees ?
mine failed on the emissions today and there was nout the lad could to do help me the reg goes in the probe goes up the zorst if its red its a fail

cavaddict

So in theory, once ive got true tdc, i can dial my cams in using No.1 to 110° btdc on the inlet & 112° atdc on the exhaust to max opening.

Sjdickso

Staff
my 2 local ones have cams the one has just had a whole new mot station installed with cams ready for when there a requirement unless its just something todo with cover for the employees ?
mine failed on the emissions today and there was nout the lad could to do help me the reg goes in the probe goes up the zorst if its red its a fail

Was that with decat Carl?

cavaddict

Well made a piston stop last night so i can find true tdc and also made up a degreeing wheel and laminated it. Have ordered a dial gauge ( as mines too short ) so i can check i'm bang on with the timing. Getting there :)

cavaddict

Struggling with this degreeing!! Are we sure the inlet is supposed to be fully open at 110° btdc and not atdc? Surely if its btdc then as the piston travels up the bore to tdc the inlet valve will be closing and the fuel mixture will be being pushed back out the valve. Im amazed theres not an idiots guide i can read on the interweb somewhere :(

corsaZ22se

Struggling with this degreeing!! Are we sure the inlet is supposed to be fully open at 110° btdc and not atdc? Surely if its btdc then as the piston travels up the bore to tdc the inlet valve will be closing and the fuel mixture will be being pushed back out the valve. Im amazed theres not an idiots guide i can read on the interweb somewhere :(

sorry my bad, its after tdc for inlet, btdc for exhaust.:facepalm:

cavaddict

Car has sailed through the MOT with the original cams in. Now heres a thought.....if i set up the cams in the old engine, will it be good enough to just bung the cam & sprocket assemblies into the new engine? I probably will do a quick check when theyre in anyways.

cavaddict

Well it turns out you cant set up your cams in another z22se and then put em in your new engine....had to re-dial the cams. Gonna have the emissions checked tomoz.