MK4 Astra Z22SE car audio amp wiring... is it gonna be a pig?

TheDave

Hi guys. I have a 8AWG kit to run a small sub which I wanna get sorted in the Astra.

From what I can gather, do I need to drill a hole and fit a grommet in the bulkhead for the power cable or is there a known good route in?

Do the side trims come up easily? Or have I got to take my seats out? I am just trying to ascertain how big a job it is and how long it will take and if its worth paying someone to do it for me.

Wheres a good earth point also?

Thanks all :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
theres a plug at the top left engine bay that you can use its where the throttle cable would normally be
WP_000212.jpg

and from inside
WP_000354.jpg

trim will lift up enough to fit 8awg if you remove the lower door rubber first
earth from the seatbelt mounts but you will need to clean the paint off

Last edited:

m4rtin

I have just installed a sub and done exactly what evocarlos said. Take out the storage compartment on the drivers side (where the fuses are located) and shine a light up, you should see the grommet. I just poked it out from the engine side, drilled a hole in the center and fed it through then popped it back in. And as for running the cable through the car I didn't even take the trims up the cable ran neatly under the door rubber seal!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Just remember to run the RCA's down the opposite side :)
run them down the center less wires with power there :) or you can buy a good set of shielded rca leads :)
on another note dont forget to run your remote wire to the rear also