Milo's Astra Coupe Supercharged Build

milo

How much cash do u think I'll have to part with to get a new engine forged with cams? Can it be done for 1500-1800?

corsaZ22se

for a new B207, cams rods and pistons all new you will be pushing towards £2000 if you do spanner work.
Vocky would be a good one to ask as he has done a few recently.

milo

Need need some advice......

Im having issues of poor mpg, i was getting 35-38 mpg and recently im getting 23-24 mpg doing same distance/driving. I did have a leaking filler neck.now replaced, changed cts for another gm one, been on opcom no fault codes and lambda sensor looks ok. Only thing i notice with the readings on opcom the mixture always says rich never says lean even when u drive or rev it?? Had plugs out they're blacked up! New set in after bit a driving they going black!! No blow on exhaust and even replaced the manifold. Car always ran on optimax. Im at a loss atm

milo

Need need some advice......

Im having issues of poor mpg, i was getting 35-38 mpg and recently im getting 23-24 mpg doing same distance/driving. I did have a leaking filler neck.now replaced, changed cts for another gm one, been on opcom no fault codes and lambda sensor looks ok. Only thing i notice with the readings on opcom the mixture always says rich never says lean even when u drive or rev it?? Had plugs out they're blacked up! New set in after bit a driving they going black!! No blow on exhaust and even replaced the manifold. Car always ran on optimax. Im at a loss atm

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
what were the readings of the b1s1 sensor on opcom would normally be 700-850mv
showing rich all the time would mean it may not be flipfloping like it should from rich/lean/rich/lean

milo

what were the readings of the b1s1 sensor on opcom would normally be 700-850mv
showing rich all the time would mean it may not be flipfloping like it should from rich/lean/rich/lean

I have another look carl, readings off top of my head It was in the 800's but never flipfloping the mixture.

milo, have you changed the fuel filter recently? any signs of a leak in that area?

No signs or smell of fuel leaking from the filter kev. Filter was done in June when I had it serviced

milo

opcom log data from mine for the b1s1 mv and reading its a 300sec file and ive highlighted the sensors in orange
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FgO_RrRVxeabRv7rYW3GyGE-E9gd4je3uI5-E-_C1EQ/edit?usp=sharing

reading are all the same for the 1st 27 seconds due to the sensor being cold and waiting to heat up
Got the laptop on charge then I'll have another look on opcom. U know the sensor just after the air filter (Temp sensor i think its called) that do anything to fuel? Would that kick up a code if it failed?

KevinH

I think it might show a P0110 error code for a faulty or malfunctioning AIT sensor. If so, could try spraying some carb cleaner on it to clean it.

milo

Just spent the last 20mins on the phone to carl while i was opcom and we managed to get an code to pop up say p0132 o2 sensor fault. So put opcom onto measuring blocks and told carl what i saw and was told rather quick lambda sensor is goose. Mine was reading as low after heat cycle at 62mv! So ordering a new one. Just so strange no engine light ever came on. Cheers carl!!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ngk aka NTK its whats used from the factory the cheap 50p sensors last a few weeks at best by using ntk you will get about 10years service out of it

milo

Right i 99.9% sure what the problem is but ill double check. I suspect my window wiper motor has bit the dust. Wipers dont work at all due to blown fuse, change the fuse use wipers and u "pop" goes the fuse so motor? Swapped relays rpund fuse still pops.