Milo's Astra Coupe Supercharged Build

5M1THY

I think your light comes on because it's missing the air-conditioning fan. Because I've fitted 2 spal fans ones plugged into the fan resistor and the second is the air-conditioning fan resistor so when my fans come on it puts them both on and no lights come on the dash at all.

5M1THY

I think your light comes on because it's missing the air-conditioning fan. Because I've fitted 2 spal fans ones plugged into the fan resistor and the second is the air-conditioning fan resistor so when my fans come on it puts them both on and no lights come on the dash at all.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i have the same fan light with the a/c fan being a spal fan the resistance is to low and it sees it when the a/c is on the same happens if you remove the fan the a/c fan is used in stage 3 cooling so if the engine gets hot enuff both fans would come on causing the lamp

the cs map has nothing to do with fans unrelated ""different system""

milo

i have the same fan light with the a/c fan being a spal fan the resistance is to low and it sees it when the a/c is on the same happens if you remove the fan the a/c fan is used in stage 3 cooling so if the engine gets hot enuff both fans would come on causing the lamp

the cs map has nothing to do with fans unrelated ""different system""

Not bothered with light coming on. Just concerned like said in other post fan doesn't always come on after its been on a few times and have to restart the car to kick it in.

Got a coolant module off Adam and trying to pull the red securing clips off mine pff:ROFLMAO:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
lol yeah them clips are a bitch both mine broke trying to get them out
there is an option to hard wire the fan with a temperature switch think thats what adam is running and i know jon is
i am to but with the water pump controller its just set to put the fan on before the ecm so if the water pump controller dont do it the ecm will at 95c (fail safe)
the new spal fan i fitted was good and so much quieter

dewismotorsport

My light used to come on when the car was still running na and original fans, tried a different loom, cooling module and fan resistors but nothing. What I did find though was thatched aircon fan was siezed solid so was probably bringing g the light on. My issue I had when I added the CS Base map was that the fan would never kick in, so tried new resisters etc and still nothing so binned the cooling module off and just ran a revotec fan controller.

The z20let boys have issues with fans on CS maps so assumed it may be the same.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
My light used to come on when the car was still running na and original fans, tried a different loom, cooling module and fan resistors but nothing. What I did find though was thatched aircon fan was siezed solid so was probably bringing g the light on. My issue I had when I added the CS Base map was that the fan would never kick in, so tried new resisters etc and still nothing so binned the cooling module off and just ran a revotec fan controller.

The z20let boys have issues with fans on CS maps so assumed it may be the same.
the vx220 and vectra b are different they have outputs for relays like the newer/really old mk4's there's loads on the 2.2 with ecm that can cause the lamp on ive left mine as intact as possible to keep the lamp off as i hate lamps on lol
the actual fan resistance
the fan resistor and thermistor (3 of)
the a/c pressure switch
the ecm and or wiring to it
the cts

so theres a few to name lol
i had a broken wire in the loom from the main fused feed its been all fine since that repair im even running a spal main fan now and get no lamps but then i dont used the ecm to drive it :)

milo

Also on Friday got full bill of health
IMG-20160729-WA0000.jpeg

Not 1 advisory:smug::cool:

milo

Upgraded the coupes lights finally....

The rear thanks to dewismotorsport :notworthy::) been bugging the poor lad to let me safe them from his track car ;)
Photo from Milo.jpg

Also a nice set of morette headlights for the front

Copy of Photo from Milo.jpg

So I think thats all the external mods done.............................................for 2016 anyways :rolleyes:

milo

So not updated for a while.....

Fitted my morettes with some help from 5M1THY

20170105_061712.png

May take one of the bulbs out on the passenger and a make a direct cold feed for the charger but still got to make my mind up on that:confused:.

On the lead up to Xmas I pulled all this out the end of my back box:(

IMG-20161215-WA0000.jpeg

I bought a scorpion exhaust system second hand which was 8 months old with a receipt to prove it. I don't know what it is and this coupe for killing exhausts:confused:. So went out and bought a brand new milltek exhaust system and decided to finally get some abola b1 alloys at the same time:).

Then......I got the dreeded timing chain rattle on startup:eek: and it's a bad rattle so not taking any risks contacted the man for the job evocarlos. So off to his for him to work his magic and have a chance to see this harrop up close. All in cost £299 for GM timing and balance kits so not bad.

Finally!! Got the car booked at bodyshop to have both bumpers done for a show I'm off to in April:)

That's been me for the last few months lol.

Kb1974

Nice I do like the morrettes , I had t settle for hella quads as u know the morrettes r so rare I couldn't find any at the time .

but wouldn't ya know after I bought em loads turned up for sale on gumtree n them sort of sites.

milo

I seen quite a few morettes for sale but all had lugs missing or damaged and wanted 300+:confused:. Seen these on Gumtree local to me 250 black no damage happy days.:)

milo

So can see the what failed in the picture?

20170107_121206.jpg

My advice to all new comers to the site who ask about timing/balance chains just pay that little bit more and get GM!

While letting the car come up to temp carl told me a had an air leak at the map sensor and i couldn't hear s**t:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, he then went into the bat cave came out with the air line and wire brush and done this to the charger.....

IMG-20170107-WA0002.jpg

All nice and shiny which has led to comments for me to now tidy up the rest of the bay:p.

Thanks for the great work carl and the photos of the harrop setup don't do it justice:)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
nice to see you again miles :)
i think fixing that air leck and resetting the bypass valve should make it feel a bit better in and out of boost :)
heres the before and after pics of the charger
pre wire brush
WP_20170107_14_55_21_Pro.jpg

post wire brush :)
WP_20170107_15_29_44_Pro.jpg

KevinH

milo interesting that the balance chain tensioner should fail like that (a pita for you) but at least it's all sorted now with genuine GM kits. I seem to remember reading that someone else had a similar problem but can't remember who.
Out of interest how many miles had those chains done? Were they FAI kits?

(y)

milo

milo interesting that the balance chain tensioner should fail like that (a pita for you) but at least it's all sorted now with genuine GM kits. I seem to remember reading that someone else had a similar problem but can't remember who.
Out of interest how many miles had those chains done? Were they FAI kits?

(y)
Both FAI kits and done 50k