Milo's Astra Coupe Supercharged Build

milo

Vxr 321 on front now. The discs aren't the best but got some brembo discs and pads on the way. Just wanted the the calipers on for now then I can do disc and pad change at home.

milo

Right New problem need some help on plz.

vocky evocarlos dewismotorsport corsaZ22se

I'm getting light on with code p1221 secondary fuel circuit voltage low, car goes into limp mode. I've been under the car and checked the plug under car above the rear axle. All seems fine no wires bare or snapped and gave it clean and pluged it back together. Checked the connection on the plug under the rear seat same all fine. When the error on I've lifted the rear seat and I can clearly hear the the pump is working fine. Is they any where else I need to check? Throttle body plug got anything to with it? Or what does cause the error? I was thinking lose/bad connection but can't find one

KevinH

Hi Milo, it could be worth checking the two purple relays which sit in the rectangular fuse/relay box located on top of the ABS unit. One of them is for fuel and the other engine management (not sure which one is which). Remove them one at a time, they can be rather stiff, and smear some vaseline on the terminals and replace.

Not saying this is your problem but they're worth checking.:)

milo

Hi Milo, it could be worth checking the two purple relays which sit in the rectangular fuse/relay box located on top of the ABS unit. One of them is for fuel and the other engine management (not sure which one is which). Remove them one at a time, they can be rather stiff, and smear some vaseline on the terminals and replace.

Not saying this is your problem but they're worth checking.:)

Hey Kev

I put 2 brand new ones in last year when I had an issue the car cutting when extra power was drawn from the battery. I'll give them a check again and put some vasaline on them, plus I know they a b*****d to get out lol

vocky

Staff
1516 could be a duff TB, but also worth trying another genuine MAP sensor as they can cause strange errors on a SC

ps: it's actually worth having a spare MAP sensor and keep it in the boot

corsaZ22se

I also have the code p1516. but only if I let it go through bulb check before starting.
strange thing is that even with the code live/active it can be cleared and doesn't come back until next time you go through bulb check. swapped many parts, checked all the plugs, earths ect. and all I can put it down to is to much resistance in the wiring in the corsa, the fault has been there since I fitted the z22se. didn't have the fault in the Vectra before.
seen similar faults on machines before and adding a second power supply to the controller and better earths helped so this will be my next step when I get around to it.
too much power being drawn through 1 circuit can lead to a drop in voltage enough to trigger the fault codes we have.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
I've not had the t/b code since it was mapped but I did also have the "lean during power enrichment" code as well as the t/b have had to change the 2bar map sensor to as the 1st one failed when the abs ecu shorted out

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Think you can get the map sensor from usa for like 40usd its not used in any uk cars so its an import job I would have to look up the number its been awhile since I last dug it out

milo

Think you can get the map sensor from usa for like 40usd its not used in any uk cars so its an import job I would have to look up the number its been awhile since I last dug it out

If u could bud that would be great help and saves paying over the odds:)

I also have the code p1516. but only if I let it go through bulb check before starting.
strange thing is that even with the code live/active it can be cleared and doesn't come back until next time you go through bulb check. swapped many parts, checked all the plugs, earths ect. and all I can put it down to is to much resistance in the wiring in the corsa, the fault has been there since I fitted the z22se. didn't have the fault in the Vectra before.
seen similar faults on machines before and adding a second power supply to the controller and better earths helped so this will be my next step when I get around to it.
too much power being drawn through 1 circuit can lead to a drop in voltage enough to trigger the fault codes we have.

Same here if I clear the code it runs great till it happens again. It never does it in the dry only when wet and I had this issue around this time last year but it fixed it self:(. Ive contacted jeff from the states to get a price on a tb and I'll get a new map sensor when Carl can find the part number to order it from the states.

I'm planning on taking the charger off tomorrow to measure the coolant hoses on the intake manifold as I want make sure I got the right bends on the new silicone hoses for it. So I'll give the tb plug and pins in the tb a good look over and apply a healthy smear of vasaline and see if that makes any difference in the wet.

vocky

Staff
1.7 cdti map sensor (y)

"You need to source a 16235939 2 bar MAP sensor. The 1.7 DTI could be the right one."

ps: DO NOT USE PATTERN SENSORS :mad:

Last edited: