Mil light on

Rick201i

Just what I needed on a Monday morning on the way to work . I will get the code reader on at break time .

Rick201i

Snap on and Mac wouldn't work on the car but Autel would. Coolant temp sensor .runs ok at the minute. Says there no signal to it

Attachments

• 20190107_082053.jpg
    20190107_082053.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190107_082203.jpg
    20190107_082203.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 193

Rick201i

So the mil light is still on .got a code 17 coolant module? Where is this located .And is this to turn the fans on

Rick201i

I believe it's behind the front bumper. Can this be bypassed to turn the mil light off .I don't mind running a fan on a switch for now.

Rick201i

evocarlos may be able to help on this one?
yes it is behind front bumper on the wing somewhere l/h side i think?
At the minute while it's cold it's not bad.its when it warms up it will over heat .I was thinking of getting the kenlowe thermostat fan kit. I've decided to go the bike carb route now so I won't need the coolant module anyway .

Rick201i

At when does the z22se engines fan kick in .looking at the temp gauge it's never gone over the half way mark .my fan doesn't work and worries me.at the minute I've had to unclip the wire off the aircon pressure sensor so the fan kicks in to protect it

corsaZ22se

Fans usually cut in at 3 stages, 92*C is the first stage.
front AC fan comes on when AC is on and there's a second speed for both fans at a higher temperature. not sure what this is.
Could be worth you connecting your fans one at a time direct to the battery to see if they both work at both speeds? low speed fails first and common on any car for the resistor coil to cause this. motors can also fail, main cooling fan motor does more work than AC one so usually goes first.

Rick201i

I've removed my ac fan a good while ago now.i believe the multi plug that goes on the fan has a high and low speed and a wire for the earth .which wire is which

Rick201i

Got in the car this morning and the mil light went off??? And the fan kicks in??? The coolant light comes on but I'm not bothered as long as the car doesn't over heat.