Matt

Administrator
I've purchased and installed new Media Gallery Add-On for the site.

This is much better than just having loads of images in threads:

https://z22se.co.uk/media/

I've built the current list of categories, and will be re-adding the media for the events into there over the next couple of days.

I'll also be doing a guide on how to use it, as it also allows you to use the media on other threads and sites if you wanted to.

Last edited:

guy 27

Maybe a road trip/holiday section, landscape, non car related and random sections.
I'll leave it in your hands. :)

Matt

Administrator
I've started moving some of the media over this afternoon

media_gallery.PNG

Daz

Former Staff
Is there anyway of finding pics we gave uploaded to posts without trawling thru them matt. As I think there's a few I've uploaded in the past which I have got locally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Matt

Administrator
Is there anyway of finding pics we gave uploaded to posts without trawling thru them matt. As I think there's a few I've uploaded in the past which I have got locally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
No Daz, not at the minute. I'm literally just re-uploading all the ones I have again (plenty of space on the server for them)

Matt

Administrator
I've just updated to the latest version of Media Gallery.

This is quite a large update, which now allows you to embed Video into there as well.

media_gallery_video.PNG
media_gallery_video2.PNG

Matt

Administrator
I've just fixed an issue where the previews for the videos were just acting like images. You can now click on the small thumbnail to play the video.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i spotted this way way before but thought it best to keep it to myself and let you figure it out all on your own :)

Matt

Administrator
i spotted this way way before but thought it best to keep it to myself and let you figure it out all on your own :)
I noticed it this morning, but didn't think the video was supposed to play from the main page. Apparently it was!

Also, it's only the initial preview image of the video that is stretched out.

The problem is that you can embed multiple video types, and not just YouTube.
Screenshot from 2013-04-29 21:08:56.png

The videos I've initially linked are all the old ones I filmed on a film cam corder, and had to convert to digital, so they aren't very good quality in the first place.

A 720p video fills out the area a lot more
Screenshot from 2013-04-29 21:09:45.png

1080 would probably fill the whole area.

I'm going to ask the question anyway.

Matt

Administrator
So here is one of the videos embedded directly from YouTube

It's because of the native ratio of the video that is causing the excess black around the edges, and the stretching on the preview.

Matt

Administrator
I've tidied a few other things up in the Media Gallery as well, so it should look nice and even in layout now (side bar and tabs at the top).

Matt

Administrator
We are currently running the new RC version of 1.2 to help the author test. List of updated features

• Much improved thumbnail generation
  • Cache rebuilder to handle thumbnail recreation
  • Extension of "What's New" to include "New Media" as well as "New Threads"
  • Search media items (media title, description and caption) from forum search
  • Latest Comments block
  • Top Contributors block
  • Completely from scrach rewrite of the thumbnail container (updated HTML and CSS)
  • Fully customisable thumbnail container using Style Properties
  • Thumbnail container now resizes automatically based on the content within it and the thumbnail dimensions set in the Options.
  • New alert for when your media is rated
  • Ability for your members to completely customise which alerts they receive
  • Different behaviour with regards to the Add Media button
  • Image previews now show in Recent Activity